H2O MAN

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 11:26 am

Fewer Americans voted for Obama in 2012 than in 2008.

Do you know how many Americans that voted for Obama in '08 didn't vote for for him this time?
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 11:31 am
@H2O MAN,
That's about as stupid a statement as I've seen on this race. OBAMA WON! Romney lost most of the Hispanic, Black, Asian, Women, Gays & Lesbians, and Democrat votes. Romney lost most of the tossup states.

You continue to squirt irrelevancies on a2k; you should find another hobby.
jcboy

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's about as stupid a statement as I've seen

And it won’t be his last, you can count on it. Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 11:43 am
@H2O MAN,
Meanwhile, Democrats have won the popular vote in five out of the last six presidential elections.

Five out of the last six elections!

Just read it on TPM -- even though I knew it (Clinton, Clinton, Gore, [Bush] Obama, Obama) still a bit of a wow.

(As an aside, "Obama, Obama"! Still getting used to the idea that he's a two-term prez.)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
That just makes Romney's loss to him even more pathetic.

How could you allow your party to put up such an impotent candidate?
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:48 pm
So much for getting laid off if Obama is reelected...

Quote:
The private timeshare mogul and Mitt Romney supporter who swore mass employee layoffs if President Barack Obama won reelection has had a change of heart.

Earlier this year, David Siegel, the founder of Central Florida Investments and Westgate Resorts, emailed a letter to his employees warning them to vote for Romney or else. However, after Obama won the election on Tuesday, instead of firing some of his 65,000 employees, Siegel decided to give them raises.

The anti-Obama Siegel opened up about his change of heart. "I’m going to work my hardest to keep the company going and expand the best I can," Siegel told Bloomberg Businessweek. "We’ll see what happens. Meanwhile I gave everybody in the company a raise this week—the average was 5 percent. I wanted to help them handle the additional burdens the government will put on them."

more
revelette

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:55 pm
@JPB,
Those scare tactics were real. I know my granddaughter told me her class mates said that their dads were going to be laid off in the coal company if Obama was re-elected. She said there were fights in the class with kids talking about the election. Her bus driver even asked kids who they would vote for and that started a fight. There are signs up all over the place talking about how Obama is against coal.
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 01:05 pm
@revelette,
I'm just wondering how long this "threat of jobs" will be remembered, and if there will be any backlash by workers?
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 01:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You know what's really funny? The stock market is reacting to Obama's win as if our economy will fall into a tailspin; over 300 point loss yesterday, and down over 60 points today - so far.

They can't see that home values are increasing, more housing being built, more cars being sold, and consumer confidence increasing.

What a bunch of twerps!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
Do you know how many people voted for Obama this time who were too young to vote for him last time? What about all those 15yr olds who really wanted to vote, they'll be voting in 2016, and a lot of people who voted for Romney will be dead then.

It's called demographics, The Republican party is the party of aging angry white men, and they're a dying breed.
JPB

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:53 pm
@izzythepush,
There are young GOPers too, izzy. They're tired of waiting in the wings.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/a-new-republican-generation-gets-ready-to-take-ove
izzythepush

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:55 pm
@JPB,
Well obviously, but there's not nearly enough of them.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:27 pm

Why did the Obama administration hide from the voting
public the incident that occurred Nov. 1 at 4:50 a.m. ET Question
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
Do your own research, and report back what you find. PLEASE!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 03:45 pm
@izzythepush,
That's "angry, old, white men."
jcboy

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's "angry, old, white men."

Speaking of angry, check out this site Cool

White People Mourning Romney
cicerone imposter

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 04:18 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe, I should have said angry, old, rich, white men. Mr. Green
0 Replies

snood

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 05:25 pm
@jcboy,
From your link:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md6bi7z1rm1rkd8gso1_500.jpg

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Not all angry old white men vote republican!!!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 8 Nov, 2012 08:34 pm
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong. -Richard Dawkins, biologist and author (b. 1941)