H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 07:59 am

Looters target Coney Island after Sandy sweeps through

parados

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:13 am
@H2O MAN,

Is Bain Capital moving in after the storm?
H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:16 am
@parados,

Obama voters looking for Obama's stash
Some look like washed out Occupy members
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:24 am
Will the public riot if Romney does not get elected?
What will the backlash be if Obama steals the election?

BTW, Rev. Joe Lowery has recently announced that all
white people are going to hell. He uttered the same
words long before he gave the benediction at Obama's
imaculation.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:23 am

... people in small towns who have grown “bitter” and so they
“cling to their guns or religion or antipathy toward people who are not like them …”

0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:41 am
Yes, we can! One more term!

Obama gets boost in swing-state polls

Quote:
President Obama got welcome final-week polling news Wednesday as new surveys in several keenly contested states showed him holding or expanding a lead.

In Wisconsin, a new survey from the Marquette University Law School showed Obama grabbing an 8-point lead, 51%-43%, over GOP challenger Mitt Romney among likely voters. The poll also showed Democratic Senate candidate Tammy Baldwin clinging to a 4-point edge over Republican Tommy Thompson in a race that could prove pivotal to control of the chamber.

A Marquette poll taken in mid-October in the wake of Obama’s disastrous debate performance in Denver had given the president just a 1-point edge over Romney, 49%-48%.

In Ohio, a Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS News poll gave Obama a 50%-45% edge over Romney. Obama has held a consistent lead in Ohio polls that Romney so far has been unable to erase.
H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 10:21 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Yes, we can! One more term!

Did they mention anything about Benghazi?

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 10:40 am

What's Obama doing to help the victims?

They need more than empty presidential promises.

Tempers flare as thousands left stranded in Hoboken, N.J.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:12 am

Polls point to Romney triumph; ‘hidden vote’ to crush Obama
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 12:16 pm

Super Storm Sandy gave Obama the opportunity to look presidential for a
day or two, but now it's back to looking like a weak soon to be ex president.

Both Obama and Christie acknowledged and agreed that
getting government out of the way will speed up recovery

Government needs to get out of the way.
izzythepush

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 12:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
That's a load of old pony Mr. Soggy. Our lack of regulations comparative to other European nations has meant that Ford is shutting down the Transit factory just down the road from me.

In the end the loyalty and efficiency of the workers counted for nothing. They were the easiest to sack, and that's really all that mattered

In this case government did get out of the way, apart from guaranteeing cheap loans, and big business moved their jobs to Turkey. You get rid of (what little)regulations you have, and a lot more industry will go overseas.

jcboy

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:02 pm
@izzythepush,
My President! Cool

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intel/2012/10/29/29-obama.o.jpg/a_560x375.jpg

The Case for Obama: Why He Is a Great President. Yes, Great.

Quote:

I decided to support Barack Obama pretty early in the Democratic primary, around spring of 2007. But unlike so many of his supporters, I never experienced a kind of emotional response to his candidacy. I never felt his election would change everything about American politics or government, that it would lead us out of the darkness. Nothing Obama did or said ever made me well up with tears.

Possibly for that same reason, I have never felt even a bit of the crushing sense of disappointment that at various times has enveloped so many Obama voters. I supported Obama because I judged him to have a keen analytical mind, grasping both the possibilities and the limits of activist government, and possessed of excellent communicative talents. I thought he would nudge government policy in an incrementally better direction. I consider his presidency an overwhelming success.

I can understand why somebody who never shared Obama’s goals would vote against his reelection. If you think the tax code already punishes the rich too heavily, that it’s not government’s role to subsidize health insurance for those who can’t obtain it, that the military shouldn’t have to let gays serve openly, and so on, then Obama’s presidency has been a disaster, but you probably didn’t vote for him last time. For anybody who voted for Obama in 2008 and had even the vaguest sense of his platform, the notion that he has fallen short of some plausible performance threshold seems to me unfathomable.
snood

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:39 pm
@jcboy,
Wow, jc. I read the article, and it is "great"!
jcboy

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:41 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Wow, jc. I read the article, and it is "great"!

Yes it was, I read the whole thing! Cool
jcboy

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:51 pm
@jcboy,
The President reminds people that THEY KNOW HIM, they know his ideology and philosophy there is no question where he stands and I agree.

I know this president and where he stands its been clear for 4 years. While he has not done everything I've wanted I do trust him enough to work toward doing the right thing, that much I know and why he has my vote!

0 Replies

engineer

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:35 pm
Bloomberg endorses Obama as a result of Sandy.
sozobe

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:41 pm
@engineer,
The Economist does too. (Not because of Sandy, but because of Romney's stupid economic policies.)

Quote:
Yet far from being the voice of fiscal prudence, Mr Romney wants to start with huge tax cuts (which will disproportionately favour the wealthy), while dramatically increasing defence spending. Together those measures would add $7 trillion to the ten-year deficit. He would balance the books through eliminating loopholes (a good idea, but he will not specify which ones) and through savage cuts to programmes that help America’s poor (a bad idea, which will increase inequality still further). At least Mr Obama, although he distanced himself from Bowles-Simpson, has made it clear that any long-term solution has to involve both entitlement reform and tax rises. Mr Romney is still in the cloud-cuckoo-land of thinking you can do it entirely through spending cuts: the Republican even rejected a ratio of ten parts spending cuts to one part tax rises. Backing business is important, but getting the macroeconomics right matters far more.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21565623-america-could-do-better-barack-obama-sadly-mitt-romney-does-not-fit-bill-which-one

Note, it's not enthusiastic about Obama either, but notable that they chose him anyway.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 02:42 pm
@jcboy,
This endorsement hit my thoughts on Obama on the head. He is a moderate driving good, common sense, fact based, moderate proposals. Give me that over an ideologue any day.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 03:01 pm
The Economist endorses Obama.

Quote:
Our American endorsement
Which one?
America could do better than Barack Obama; sadly, Mitt Romney does not fit the bill
H2O MAN

Thu 1 Nov, 2012 04:03 pm

Romney's momentum is real in both Ohio and Pennsylvania
0 Replies