H2O MAN

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 06:55 pm

Obama Losing Ground In Halloween Masks Sales.
A Sign of Grim Things to Come?
LionTamerX

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 07:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
Obama leads PPP's newest FL poll, 49-48
0 Replies

sozobe

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 07:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
Wouldn't that indicate that people find Romney scarier?
H2O MAN

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 08:51 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Wouldn't that indicate that people find Romney scarier?

No, it's people wanting to be popular and not wanting to get beat up.

Obama is not popular and wearing his mask could get you beat up.
Ceili

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 08:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
That would explain the prevalence of tricky dick masks that people still wear right?
JTT

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:07 pm
@Ceili,
Smile
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:20 pm
@Ceili,

If you say so and I'm sure you look great in yours, but
the story is about sales of Obama and Romney masks.

MontereyJack

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:29 pm
Somewhat more than half the country disagrees with you about Obama's popularity, H2O. Too bad you apparently live in one of America's cesspits.
JTT

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
Actually, h2oguy, the story is much broader than that, to anyone with a longer attention span than that of a goldfish.

The story has to look at how crooked the Repuglicans have been over the years. This gives voters a deeper understanding of just how awful it would be, for the world and the US, to vote in Tweedlemajordumb.

Now I'm not saying that going for Tweedledee isn't awful in its own ways, but that's just the nature of US politics - a choice between the devil or the deep blue sea.
JTT

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
Stone moved on to cooler pastures, Jack? I hope you're feeling better.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:57 pm
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again MJ, but please continue.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 10:03 pm
thanks, JTT, it's out and waiting to go to the lab for analysis on Monday. and I feel MUCH better. Thanks for the kind wishes.
JTT

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 10:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yours and my zeros seem to indicate that some folks don't care much about your health or my good wishes for same, MJ. Think they might be republican in nature? Smile
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 10:16 pm
I'd say it's, ahem, "quite likely".
JTT

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 10:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
Smile Smile
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sun 28 Oct, 2012 10:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I often want to offer kudos to some people for posting two consecutive posts without calling someone else a moron or an asshole. Wink

Amen. Shocked

I share your sentiment, Frank. Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 29 Oct, 2012 03:13 am
@JTT,
I've posted this on another thread, but essentially 81% of the world wants Obama to win. When Republicans are in office people die at an alarming rate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/23/better-us-scale-back-global-empire?INTCMP=SRCH

Quote:
Whoever runs Washington heads a global empire. American politics affects people's lives in every part of the world, often as a matter of life or death. So it's scarcely surprising that more than 40% of those polled around the world say they want the right to vote in US presidential elections.

After all, the American revolution was fought on the slogan of "no taxation without representation". So long as the US government arrogates to itself the right to impose its "leadership" by force across the world, a contemporary version of the colonists' demand might be: "no global power without accountability".

And with George Bush's blood-drenched presidency still fresh in the memory, it's only to be expected that 81% want to see the less belligerent Barack Obama re-elected. Only in Pakistan, target of relentless civilian-slaughtering US drone attacks, do a larger number prefer his Republican opponent, Mitt Romney.

McGentrix

Mon 29 Oct, 2012 06:46 am
@izzythepush,
Fortunately the rest of the world has no say. I am pretty sure most Americans can don't really care what the rest of the world thinks.
izzythepush

Mon 29 Oct, 2012 07:22 am
@McGentrix,
That's fairly obvious when you look at the amount of innocent civilians killed by American forces over the last decade.
McGentrix

Mon 29 Oct, 2012 08:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's fairly obvious when you look at the amount of innocent civilians killed by American forces over the last decade.

It's glorious, isn't it? How do you feel about your own countrymen participating in the same killings?