LIES ABOUT Ws M D and newest policy of preemptive wars

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:14 am
WASHINGTON - A majority of Americans believe President Bush either lied or deliberately exaggerated evidence that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction in order to justify war, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.
By Richard Morin and Dana Milbank

Updated: 7:59 a.m. ET Feb. 13, 2004
These doubts have affected Bush's reelection prospects. In a head-to-head matchup, Kerry beat Bush by 52 percent to 43 percent among registered voters. Bush had more passionate support -- 83 percent of his backers said their support was strong, while 59 percent of Kerry supporters said so -- and retains an advantage over Kerry in dealing with Iraq and the war on terrorism. But the Democrat was seen as better able to handle the economy and jobs, education, and health care -- all top issues with voters this year.

The survey found a steep drop in public perceptions of Bush as a president and as an individual. In a sign that Bush has been set back by recent controversies over Iraqi weapons, his National Guard record and the federal budget, the number of Americans viewing him as a "strong leader" has slipped to 61 percent, down 6 points from December and the lowest level since the 2001 terrorist attacks.
Bush's rating on handling the economy stood at 44 percent, down 7 percentage points, with nearly half of the public saying they are worse off now than they were when Bush became president three years ago. Six in 10 disapprove of the job Bush is doing creating jobs. On education, 47 percent said they approve of the job Bush is doing, down 8 points from January. And his rating on health care has also fallen.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:46 am
Constructive engagement-boy theres something Ive not heard in many a year.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:58 am
Put my vote in the "lied" category.

Also I thought the new mantra was 'constructive engagement" was for wimps, and the current policy of this administration the mark of a new, confident and proudly assertive America.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:30 pm
It's the photographs that Colin Powell thrust into the face of the U.N. which is the biggest joke. Where are the photos of the area during and after the war? Was there really anything there at all or was it a cheap attempt at convincing the gullible?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:30 pm
Powell is certainly no Adlai Stevenson.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 12:05 pm
I don't see any reasons for optimism. Nor do I see the point of asking voters their intentions. As Bush has established the principle of winning despite the popular vote, and starting wars without valid reason, we can only expect more of the same.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 12:34 pm
That is what worries me also. All the pieces are there for the collaps of the republic. That does not of course mean that will hqppen.
0 Replies