Does the text sound native?

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 04:42 am
Quote:
FTC Cashmere

FTC Cashmere: A label with heart. F(air)T(rade)C(ashmere), is not just a fashionable and desirable product, but also a brand that consciously assumes a social responsibility and decides against exploitation and profit greed on expense of the people and resources at the production locations. Since its foundation, FTC contributes an important part to the sustained economical development at its production locations. To give back to the farmers and inhabitants of the region, in 2006 a school was built in the province of Shanxi: the Swiss International FTC Cashmere World Hope School. FTC Cashmere is deluxe fashion with depth, whose quality is reflected by monitoring the entire production process.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 757 • Replies: 10
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 06:02 am
@oristarA,
Pretty much, it does. Better than the late night spam we get on a2k.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 07:15 am
@oristarA,
nope

the last sentence in particular is a red flag to the blurb being a translation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 10:00 am
@oristarA,
It's a mess.

I don't have time to make all the necessary corrections right now.

Joe(I'll be back)Nation
oristarA

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 10:34 am
Thank you.
The thread closed.
roger

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 05:24 pm
@Joe Nation,
But, does being a mess disqualify native speakers?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 06:25 pm
@oristarA,
Thread closed?

You'll shut out Joe Nation to come back and help you?

He wasn't insulting you, per se, but saying there is a lot wrong and he would be back to attend to it. That is what mess means. Things to be fixed.

Set has helped you many times but you are done with him.

What a prince.

oristarA

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2012 09:46 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Thread closed?
You'll shut out Joe Nation to come back and help you?
He wasn't insulting you, per se, but saying there is a lot wrong and he would be back to attend to it. That is what mess means. Things to be fixed.
Set has helped you many times but you are done with him.
What a prince.

Please, make no misunderstanding.

Joe has been kind and cool, and of course still is. I said "closing", which never means he's done anything improperly. English is a great language that deserves lifelong effort. I meant "Move along" just because I am not much interested in the passage in the first post here.

Set is cool as well. But it is he who is done with me, and the reverse is not true. For example, he said "it is false" when I spoke about King's English. Because in his mind's eye, only Queen's English is authentic and authoritative. As I argued with wiki-based evidence that Queen's English is often paralleled with King's, he showed contempt on my point (he particularly emphasized that he "not showed with anger on my view". And I replied "I know my English is flawed and fallible; you've got the opportunity to show your contempt. It's fine; let me see when you will stop." What more can I do to ease the situation? He's that old dog who as usual refuses to budge.

roger

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 12:05 am
@oristarA,
I take "thread closed" to mean you've gotten all the answer you needed. Nothing more.
Ceili

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 12:37 am
@roger,
Ditto..
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 05:10 pm
@Ceili,
Ok, folks, sorry, I misunderstood Oristar.
0 Replies