For those of you who are teachers or were teachers....

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 03:19 pm
I had to post this picture. This is for those of you who are teachers or were teachers. This is soooo true, sad, but true.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/392802_735387585619_39807524_36702696_143007605_n.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,484 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 03:26 pm
@outgoingpeep,
So sadly true.

I went into teaching as a mid-life career change. My background was in journalism but I got a Massachusetts state teaching certificate for secondary school subjects and got a job with the Department of Youth Services, teaching inmates in juvenile detention facilities in Boston. People were always asking me whether I wouldn't be happier in a traditional environment, teaching in a public or a private school. "Hell, no," I always told them. "Here I only have to deal with probation officers, not parents. I can actually get something taught."

I meant it, too.
outgoingpeep

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 03:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I used to teach middle school math for regular students and GT (gifted and talented) students, I loved it! Only thing is that most of the students at our school are not willing to learn. I don't teach anymore, but if later on I decide to teach it will have to be in a college level where students are willing to learn.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2012 03:43 pm
@outgoingpeep,
Sympathize with that, all right.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 04:45 am
@outgoingpeep,
A picture paints a thousand words.
0 Replies