Deadly Australia.

Wilso

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:43 am
What we lack in large carnivores, it seems we more than make up with in venomous critters.
7 of the 10 deadliest snakes on earth. About 30 species of sea snakes each 10 times as venoumous as the king cobra. The most poisonous fish, the deadliest jelly fish (which despite apparently lacking a brain, actually hunts things to sting), the blue ring octopus, and several spiders that can really mess up your day.
Mustn't forget the sharks, the salt water crocs.....................and the world's deadliest bunny.

And it seems most of the victims of these things are tourists..................
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,047 • Replies: 77
No top replies

the prince

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:52 am
Don't forget the men who are so gorgeous that u take one look at them and you faint Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:58 am
Quote:
and the world's deadliest bunny.

I could deal with the other stuff, but deadly bunnies................that's a bit over the top! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:22 am
Like...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:17 am
Wilso... I think there's something in what you say. Everyone who lived in Australia in the 19th century is dead. Every one... stone cold dead.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:14 am
Nothin there that we couldnt take out with some good spray
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 10:10 am
I am so curious about this deadly bunny. Is it true? Please do tell.

Tourists are a very interesting group of people and I don't think they realize the dangers of such places and they really should educate themselves before exploring. I know I would.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 11:45 am
A friend of mine was bitten by a red back.

What is the snake that just doesn't stop bitting? Over and over again. I'd be terrified to walk in the woods, or grass, or swim....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:52 pm
SealPoet wrote:
Wilso... I think there's something in what you say. Everyone who lived in Australia in the 19th century is dead. Every one... stone cold dead.

Not every one....I'm st-i-i-l-l here - but a bit creaky, and feeling every year!

Sheeesh Wilso - we're trying to encourage tourists - we like the look of their money!

And I don't think that bunny attacks tourists, but you can never be too sure Twisted Evil
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:06 pm
Ok... ok... There may still be a few still around. But you gotta admit, they ain't lookin' too good.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:09 pm
SealPoet wrote:
Ok... ok... There may still be a few still around. But you gotta admit, they ain't lookin' too good.
admittin' nuffin'
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 02:04 pm
Aw, that kitty ain't a day over a hundred.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 02:11 pm
One-oh-four, and a little more.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:18 pm
LOL! You folk are cute.

You have bears and mountain lions and wolves and recluse spiders and black widows and beavers that are likely to go mad at any time and more guns than the entire Australian military ever had, including the Rum Corps, and muggers and Michael Jackson and Bush and rattlesnakes and scorpions and that disease that is spread by mosquitoes and killer smogs and volcanoes and terrorists and lots of serial killers and tornadoes and blizzards and so on.

I be too skeert to go back!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:20 pm
dlowan wrote:
...that disease that is spread by mosquitoes and killer smegs and volcanoes and terrorists and lots of serial killers and tornadoes...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:44 pm
The bears can be a problem. Years ago, along the Appalachian Trail, they had "bear-proof" compounds for those who were hiking the trail and camping overnight. The black bears, still quite common east of the Mississippi, are bad. They will kill you on sight. I am told, but have no personal experience to back it up, that Grizzlies and Kodiak bears won't bother you if you don't bother them.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:45 pm
LOL!!!!!!!! Well caught seal - a true Freudian peignoir...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:25 pm
bears like going through the outer layers of sleeping bags to get to the chewy centers. If youve read Brysons "Walk in the woods" many bear attackees were guilty of keeping snickers bars in their sleeping bags for nightime snacks. duuuh.
but man gets even.
in maine and New Brunswick they hunt black bears by digging holes , and placing a few dozen jelly donuts in the bottom. Then they cover the hole with a big sheet of plywood, and lay a rock on top so the bear has to work for his donuts. Well, the noble fearless hunters keep doing this baiting deed all summer and they have a bear hooked on jelly donuts.
Comes the first day of hunting the bear goes back to get his daily donut fix. BLAM. !!! new rug

Atr least in OZ, none of those dangerous critters are cute.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:55 pm
A 300lb black bear... cute? Jesus Farmerman if that's what you think is cute I don't want to know what sort of women you're into.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:16 pm
300 lb? try 700 lb.
if you get close to a caged bear and just study it, they have some of the most expressive faces.

Anyway, it was a statement about comparitive beauty. Id rather look at a bear than an Australian brown , or one of those big spiders with the huge palps and venom like TEXAS PRISONS. and they like to crawl into your shoes at night.
Crocs too are cute, NOT.
0 Replies