Georgia judge to hear arguments on eligibility of Barack Obama on ballot; Orly Taitz hails decision

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 12:49 pm
This idiot never give up and stupid judges keep her ranting. Who is financing her efforts? ---BBB

Jan. 04, 2012
Georgia judge to hear arguments on eligibility of Barack Obama on ballot; Orly Taitz hails decision
BY ALAN RIQUELMY - Ledger Enquirer

“Birther” attorney Orly Taitz, a national leader among those who claim President Barack Obama isn’t an American citizen, is hailing a Tuesday decision by a Georgia judge as a victory in her movement.

Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi in the Office of State Administrative Hearings denied a motion by Obama asking to dismiss the complaint that seeks to keep his name off the state ballot during the March presidential primary. The judge’s decision now sets the stage for a Jan. 26 hearing on the issue in Fulton County.

Obama is not required to attend the hearing, a court official said.

Initially filed in November by Taitz on behalf of a Georgia resident, the complaint argues that Obama isn’t a natural born citizen and is ineligible from being president.

“He does not satisfy the ‘natural born citizen’ constitutional requirement for President to be on the ballot due to his foreign citizenship and allegiance to three other nations,” the documents state.

On her blog, Taitz lauded the judge’s ruling, claiming she could now depose Obama.

“I can now depose Obama and everybody else (i)nvolved without any impediment,” the California attorney posted on her website.

She also noted that the victory came in Georgia, where she has suffered numerous setbacks in her attempts to prove the president was not born in the United States.

Taitz represented two soldiers in U.S. District Court in Columbus who sought to avoid deployment by arguing Obama wasn’t the commander-in-chief because he wasn’t eligible to be president. Federal Judge Clay Land warned Taitz against filing a frivolous suit, then fined her $20,000 after he denied the second claim.

“This is particularly sweet, as it is happening in GA, where judge Clay D. Land maligned me so badly and attacked me with $20,000 of sanctions in order to silence me, to stop me from challenging Obama,” Taitz wrote.

An attempt to reach Obama’s Atlanta attorney Michael Jablonski Wednesday morning was unsuccessful.

The Office of State Administrative Hearings handles disputes between the public and state agencies. For example, if the state Department of Revenue wants to revoke a business owner’s alcohol license, the owner could appeal to the Office of State Administrative Hearings. It also handles ballot disputes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 4,792 • Replies: 41

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 07:36 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
It's beneath ridicule or outrage. Just a pip for when there are not enough juicy stories to go around.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:21 am
The birthers are a bunch of racist idiots--nothing anyone else says or does will ever put an ounce of intelligence into their pea brains.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:25 am
We have read the facts, thank you very much. Which is why birthers are pretty much universally regarded as loons. Which is why donald Trump with his billions for investigative funds is no longer running for president.
Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:29 am
@KenyanBornObama,
Mr. Obama isn't ineligible for the office, and it is the continued idiotic insistence that he is which is the evidence of your racism. You don't have a case against his eligibility, you are just enraged that a black man won that election.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:36 am
Questions about birth certificates are a lot easier to answer then questions about extra-judicial killings, taking due process for American citizens or the continuing weak economy.

I doubt these birthers realize how much they are helping to ensure Obama's re-election.

gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:37 am
@KenyanBornObama,
Bork Obunga is about as much a US citizen as I am Chinese or as Boris Godunov was Russian royalty.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Borisgodunov.jpg/220px-Borisgodunov.jpg

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:46 am
@KenyanBornObama,
Nobody has to prove you wrong. You have to prove your claim. Mr. Obama's eligibility was accepted by the Federal Elections Commission, why should anyone listen to your idiotic rant? If you can't prove your case, no one need take you seriously--certainly no one is obliged to disprove your claims.
Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:47 am
@KenyanBornObama,
". . . prove me facts are WRONG?" Where were you born? It seems that English may not be your native language.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:55 am
@KenyanBornObama,
I thought I was clear. I have already admitted that you are right and that the rest of us are wrong. I don't have any facts to dispute you and there is no way I could prove you wrong because you are so obviously right.

Now, if we could just find a way make this the central issue of the campaign...
Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 07:59 am
@KenyanBornObama,
Once again, those make a claim have to prove it, no one has to disprove it. Mr. Obama was accepted on the ballot in all the states. You lose.

(Where were you born? Can you prove it? Is English your native language? Can you prove it?)