This New Years Eve 2011

jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 08:10 am
Will be a quiet one for us. We will walk two blocks down the street to have dinner at a friend’s house then the three of us will be home and have a nice quiet evening. Antonio thinks he will stay up late that night but I have a feeling he will be out like a light by 9PM.
Anyone have plans?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 26 • Views: 7,302 • Replies: 40

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:41 pm
@jcboy,
Same here or worse Smile

My fiance is a Chef, so he will be working.. We did book a cheap motel near his work, I was going to go down around 11pm, but even after watching fireworks, we'd then be cleaning up, heading for the motel, 2am the latest, then I'd have to catch a taxi home at 5.30am for my diabetic dog, then get them to wait maybe and go back to him to have breakfast at 10am...Pftttt too hard... He'll stay and I'll meet him at 8.30am for breakfast instead and stay home...

We are heading to Sydney for two days mid Jan, that will make up for it, sleep in yay...

Remembering all my party years now lols.. Lucky I can still party though Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:51 pm
Our neighbors from across the street are coming over for dinner and drinks.
It'll be fun, but pretty low key.

Waiting to hear what our serious party people will be up to.
jcboy

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 09:40 am
@George,
The President of the Company gave me a nice bottle of champagne. Now I can only handle one small glass of champagne or I get an awful headache.
George

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:22 pm
@jcboy,
We've got a bottle of Asti Spumante.
The Lovely Bride will at least have a sip of that.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:38 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Our neighbors from across the street are coming over for dinner and drinks.
It'll be fun, but pretty low key.

Waiting to hear what our serious party people will be up to.

Well, we have already heard from jcboy. He is the most serious party person on this forum!
George

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:40 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:
Well, we have already heard from jcboy. He is the most serious party
person on this forum!
We're in serious trouble, then.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 07:08 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
Well, we have already heard from jcboy. He is the most serious party person on this forum!

I am but I have to be in bed by 9:30 Cool

I've had a very great 2011. Old friends, new friends, a partner that's not too shabby and a charming little five year old. I can only imagine that 2012 is even better.
firefly

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 05:50 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I can only imagine that 2012 is even better.

I hope that 2012 will be even better for all of us. Happy New Year, jcboy!
http://www.stunningmesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/beautiful-happy-new-year-2012-in-different-styles-18.jpg
jcboy

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 06:50 pm
@firefly,
Thank you, same to you honey, have a great 2012 Cool
jcboy

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 07:38 pm
@jcboy,
This New Years Eve I made dinner reservations for the three of us. After that we’ll come home and watch a good movie with the puppies lying by our feet.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 09:10 pm
@jcboy,
Make sure you take a long nap beforehand, and get some bubbly apple cider instead of champagne, so you'll be able to watch the whole movie. Wink
Eva

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 09:26 pm
@jcboy,
That sounds like the sort of New Year's Eve we always have. Nice and peaceful and quiet and homey.

But not this year!

We're going to Las Vegas on Monday for 4 days! We land at 3:30, so we'll celebrate NYE there! This is SO out of character for us, we're laughing every time we think of it! It's a last minute trip. Which is also completely out of character. <lol>
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2012 01:21 am
@Eva,
Oh well can we not hear the Restauranters excitement, 4 days off and wow Smile

Good for you...

Mostly I spend it alone, as D works not this year. We are going out for a 4 course meal, wine, music (can't dance with a broken rib) and fireworks, oh no the husky will freak Shocked

Can you believe the Aussie Govn want $40 an hr for every staff member working, how the heck why the heck would you open your restaurant on NYE.. Alas, I have a date Smile

And, i must reflect on 2012............as we all will.............let 2013 be a peaceful, beautiful year for all.. Missy hang about another year please, Jet dying was enough...

Thank you.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 04:47 am
Eva you’ll have a blast in Vegas!

For all those heading out to New Years parties, have a WONDERFUL time. Take a cab, get a ride or walk!
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 05:09 am
I can go on a ride with the police. I'd rather be home with my dog.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 05:16 am
@Eva,
I hope you have a great time!!!!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 06:03 am
i expect that this new years like so many in the last twenty or so years will consist of me watching some tv, reading and waking up to find the new year already about 6 hours old
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 08:09 am
We will be dancing our feet off at one of our favourite clubs. And tomorrow night we will be meeting friends at the Annual Hankover (they play Hank Williams tunes all night - groan). Going for the camaraderie, not the music, obviously. Should be fun.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:28 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Make sure you take a long nap beforehand, and get some bubbly apple cider instead of champagne, so you'll be able to watch the whole movie. Wink

I just may have to take that nap. I told a few friends of mine if they can’t get a ride or a taxi tonight they can call me and I’ll get out of bed and pick them up!
0 Replies