What is free will?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:03 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am an agnostic atheist "weak atheist" but if my life depended on the correct answer to "Does God exit" I would say no But then I pretty much say that now in my own mind but I try to be more respectful to believers and say that I am not 100% sure he does not exist but I am almost 99.999999999999999999999999999% sure.

Wishy-washy as usual. LOL No confidence, no backbone, just bull ****!

Never 100% sure of anything.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Wishy-washy as usual. LOL No confidence, no backbone, just bull ****!

Never 100% sure of anything.

Skepticism is a Virtue

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:30 am
@reasoning logic,
Instead of "reasoning logic" as your pseudonym, you should use "reasoning skeptic."
Logicus

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Nah. It doesn't flow as well. Very Happy
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Instead of "reasoning logic" as your pseudonym, you should use "reasoning skeptic."

You do not think that skepticism is a logical position to embrace?
Logicus

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:40 am
@reasoning logic,
Only if you can climb out of it once you are proven wrong. Not necessarily directed at you.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 10:49 am
@Logicus,
Quote:
Only if you can climb out of it once you are proven wrong. Not necessarily directed at you.

I prefer to have ideas or understandings than beliefs. I try to choose the understandings that seem to have the most evidence supporting them and then I still realize that there is a possibility that I could be wrong so I remain open to new information that could turn my previous understandings upside down.
Logicus

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 11:13 am
@reasoning logic,
And I agree with that. As I said, not necessarily directed towards you.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 12:09 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Seeded, yes. At Big Bang + 1 ms the entire story of the entire universe, over billions and billions of years, was already 'seeded' and knowable (by God) in advance, including what hairdo Madame Micheline will have today... Yes. I tend to forget the depth of your delusion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 12:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
On some matters, yes, but not all (100%) the time!
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
On some matters, yes, but not all (100%) the time!

Yes this does seem to be true, There are many matters that we have enough knowledge about that we do not need to be skeptical but some of these matters can still be understood a little better than we understand them now.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 01:56 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Seeded, yes. At Big Bang + 1 ms the entire story of the entire universe, over billions and billions of years, was already 'seeded' and knowable (by God) in advance, including what hairdo Madame Micheline will have today... Yes. I tend to forget the depth of your delusion.

Yes there is no distinction between my thinking so and your daily belief there is a relation between your bladder being full and your will to piss...the only distinction to be made is that I am aware both things are the same while you are impaired intellectually to have anything other then a superficial mundane grasp of the consequences ! Just avoid talking to me and your problem is solved...
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:43 pm
@Olivier5,
You posed 'Luther', I responded...... And his followers are Lutherians.
It is not a lab that is needed in order to prove the existence of deities, it is doctrinal.
Why would anyone want to disprove something that there is NO proof for?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:45 pm
@Olivier5,
Our history, unavoidably, is responsible for those scars.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 05:54 pm
@Olivier5,
If the process loops indefinitely - Every possible event MUST occur - So everything can be predetermined.
Doesn't mean there is a consciousness initiating or guiding it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:07 pm
@mark noble,
When you say "every event must occur" why does it necessarily become predetermined? Events occur when they occur, and nobody has predetermined the thinking or activity - not even the actor. How does that become predetermined? When natural disasters hit, who predetermines who will die and who will live?

When that train crashed in Spain and it killed 80 people, who predetermined who would live and who would die? Yes, we can agree that event occurred, but how did you conclude it was predetermined?
mark noble

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If the process loops - ALL events MUST occur and recur.
This loop it was 80, other loops= 12, 780, 4, llamas, indians, no train, no spain, no Earth, etc, etc. So All events are predeterminable, just not linearly predictable.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:30 pm
@mark noble,
What do you mean by "all events must occur and reoccur?"

Some things like life and death occurs and reoccurs, but where and when does individual activity "occur and reoccur?" We are born once, live a few seconds to over a century, then die. All human lives are subjectively different by degrees beyond life and death.

Your attempts to explain predetermination belongs on Comedy 101.

We're talking about individual lives, not universal perspectives.
mark noble

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In the 'LOOP' process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you not paying attention?

Throw a dice over and over and all faces MUST occur and recur.
Thus - the outcomes are predeterminable.
You, alas, appear to be basing your opinion on a single throw.

Events only occur once? Prove it?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 06:38 pm
@mark noble,
We're not talking about dice; we're talking about human activity.

No wonder you're confused!

You wrote,
Quote:
Events only occur once? Prove it?

You do belong on Comedy 101. How do you go about proving mathematical probabilities that goes into the billions?

You're a BIG JOKE!