Rewards for Patients to Switch Medical Care

Miller

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:27 pm
Under this new medical plan in Massachusetts, patients will be paid rewards to switch their medical care. Is an inexpensive mammogram or colonoscopy as accurate as the more expensive procedure?

If the medical estalishment is now willing to pay patients $$ to seek out and use inexpensive medical care, how long before patients are paid $$ for their organ donations?

http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/articles/2011/12/20/rewards_for_patients_to_switch_care/?page=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,967 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Miller

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:48 pm
http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/articles/2011/12/20/rewards_for_patients_to_switch_care/?page=1
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 02:58 pm
@Miller,
The way I see that, is that the Doctors are sending their patients to a place they know will do the tests/screenings correctly as well as safely and hygienically at a cost to the Health system...

So, they would prefer that "people" attend a lesser frequented place, that probably runs on skeleton staff, therefore charge less, probably rarely do tests so not as pedantic so the State can save more money.

I'd stick with my Doctor's recommendations any day...But, I can imagine, people will fall for it, as they will advertise it well...Aiming it as "choice" and money in your pocket....

roger

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'll go with my doctor's recommendations, too. I don't know what is going on with Massachusetts care, but nationwide, there is some serious fraud in the Medicare system. What strikes me as odd is that the biggest offenders are those that make the most effort to bring in ned Medicare patients. Most serious practicioners prefer not to see them at all, as payment does not meet their expectations or desires. Again, I cannot address the Massachusetts system, which is likely entirely different.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:18 pm
@Miller,
well cool - can I sell one of my fingers - I don't need them all and I could the cash...
Miller

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 04:22 pm
@Linkat,
How about a nice kidney for about 2.5 Million$?
0 Replies