I love him but now I am hurting him. Am I wrong ?

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 04:56 am

I am a Kerala Christian. I am in love with a Hindu guy who is 2 years younger to me. We are very happy together and I am sure he loves me much more than I love him. He can keep me happy all my life and has a great family who will accept me. I feel he is the perfect guy for me. I love everything in him. I have tried explaining my dad about this once and but he was very hurt and said he would lose his name in the society. I did not want to take any steps. But my bf came up with ideas to convince and we tried doing something. But I could not dare to tell at home. Now I am about to get engaged and he is very hurt. He tells me everyday what I mean to him in life. He doesn't hate me even after all this. Now I am having to talk the one I am getting engaged to and thats hurting him more. I told my parents that I don't like the guy they chose, I told them you don't want him in life, but they are going ahead with this. Now all preparations are done for engagement and most of my relatives know about it. I don't want to hurt my parents. What can I do ? He is very hurt and says that its very difficult for him to live with the feeling that I am going with someone else. I have made up my mind that I will go ahead with what parents said cuz its too late. Am I wrong ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,691 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 08:19 am
No one is wrong here.

You are caught in the ways of your culture. You will have to decide if you are going to follow the traditions of the past with this arranged marriage, or if you are going to follow your heart.

Why not take some time off by yourself and make NO decision? Tell all people involved that you are not ready to make this huge commitment and need more time.

The important thing is NOT to get forced into anything.

Sometimes doing nothing is the way to handle conflict.
0 Replies