I Thought I'd Heard All The GOP Bullshit There Is

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 09:44 am
A hard core ring wing friend of mine (yes, he's a friend regardless) actually said that the reason the GOP field is so weak this time around is that no one wants to be the "S.O.B. who beat the first black President". He actually meant it, and this is a very bright guy by today's standards. I can only deduce that the human race is, as predicted by Mark Mothersbaugh, devolving.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,947 • Replies: 14

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 09:51 am
So - I hope that you retorted with, "And I think the voters are way beyond that.'

Plese don't "lump" all GOP people with the comments from one asshole.

The "fringe" people on both sides scare me.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:10 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

So - I hope that you retorted with, "And I think the voters are way beyond that.'

Plese don't "lump" all GOP people with the comments from one asshole.

The "fringe" people on both sides scare me.

Unfortunately, when you look at what the best they can throw out there is coupled with statements like this there's not much anecdotal evidence to distinguish between right wing assholes and right wing reasonables.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:32 am
I see someone labeled this post libtard, liberaltardation etc.

Let's see... some "deep thinking" conservative makes a remark like " We WOULD have some really sterling candidates seeking the nomination, but we're concerned about being perceived as bullies that beat the first black President", and liberals are the retards.
If we believed, based on all the anecdotal evidence that the GOP was concerned about being bullies or pushing Obama around, we'd be beyond retarded. As a matter of fact, we'd be a couple IQ points short of qualifying as
a multicellular organism. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:56 am
I go along with Punkey on this one--it is unfair to lump all Republicans together. It must be very painful to be a thoughtful, fair-minded Republican these days.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
It must be very painful to be a thoughtful, fair-minded Republican these days.

If I ever meet one, I'll ask.
Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:08 am
@DrewDad,
There are several at this site, although you may not be sufficiently honest to admit it.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:11 am
@Setanta,
They've been awfully quiet, lately.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I go along with Punkey on this one--it is unfair to lump all Republicans together. It must be very painful to be a thoughtful, fair-minded Republican these days.

turnabout is fair play Laughing
Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 11:52 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yeah, i understand that part. When the Shrub was Prez and the Republicans controlled Congress, many conservatives around here sneered and crowed. I didn't like it, and i thought it was childish. I don't intend to practice that same childishness myself. Among conservatives here who are thoughful and well-meaning, i would include Roger, O'George and Mysterman, to name but three. Anyone who has been paying attention will know that not only have i disagreed with all three in the past, but that, at least so far as concerns politics, i rarely agree with them. That doesn't mean that i am forbidden to recognize their integrity.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 12:36 pm
No argument from me Set... I was basically just in my way calling attention to the utter stupidity of what GOP logic in general seems to have degraded to.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 03:06 pm
I agree that roger and george and mysteryman are decent folks, even though I rarely read anything by them I can agree with. But BVT's observation is accurate for many Republicans in the news all the time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 04:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
There's no doubt that the message of the presidential candidates has been tailored for the lunatic fringe--and yes, i agree, they are clutching at straws. I was just responding to what Punkey had to say, which i thought important.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 10:45 am
@Setanta,
again, no argument from me. Very Happy
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 08:13 pm
I will reluctantly go along with you on these three.
0 Replies