marriage questions

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:59 pm
Is divorce a way of life?
Why don’t we spend more time searching for the right one?
Do you believe he/she exists?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 797 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 10:04 pm
@vincentsylvan,
Quote:
Is divorce a way of life?

Yes, but only for hetrosexuals.

Quote:
Why don’t we spend more time searching for the right one?

Because you don't have to, you can marry four or five until you figure out which is the right one.

0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 10:13 pm
@vincentsylvan,
There is no "right one" because all of us constantly change. The "trick" is to work at it and learn to compromise especially where children are involved, but that fails in a culture of personal gratification and "the quick fix". In cultures where the ego is suppressed (some religious communities) marriage tends to work better, because social forces hold it together.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 11:12 pm
There are a number of "right ones" out there.
But a helluva lot depends on both partners' attitudes towards marriage/coexisting with another person .... as to whether things work out or not.

Marriage is great for some people, but it's definitely not for everyone.
0 Replies

trulylost

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 12:08 am
@vincentsylvan,
Is divorce a way of life? can't be answered without knowing the story behind it.
Why don’t we spend more time searching for the right one? someone answered the same thing I had in mind
Do you believe he/she exists?
Yes, but not the way people or Hollywood describe it, I mean it's not like once you see her birds will start singing and stuff, she'll most probably be the complete opposite of you where she can complete you (like the coin with two different faces), and it's not like you'll "know" she's the one the moment you see her, I don't believe it happens this way... and as someone mentioned earlier, there's more than one "one" in this world, so don't settle for the first thing you see unless it's really worth it.
0 Replies