kick butt & easy buttons?

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 05:25 am
"Do you think, as the Universe, I would have created a world and inhabited it to learn that there are some things I can't have, do, or be? Do you think I'd feel love that couldn't be returned? Do you think I'd have dreams that couldn't come true? Or do you think I would have made pretty darn sure I could kick butt there too, no matter who I came as, no matter what schooling I'd received, no matter what age I found myself to be, and no matter what others thought of me?

Yeah, baby.
The Universe

PS--Talk about 'Easy Buttons.'"----Mike Dooley Manifesting Change

What does "kick butt" mean here?
What does the PS part mean? I don't understand its relation with the paragraph before it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,114 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 05:51 am
Kick butt refers to administering a beating to someone, and is used here in the figurative sense of prevailing over one's opponents. "Easy buttons" is not a stock phrase, but it refers to the stock phrase of pushing someone's buttons. If you know that someone, for example, hates the Japanese, you can "push his buttons" by telling him how wonderful the Japanese are, just to see him blow up and get worked up on the subject. So the person who writes "easy buttons" means that it is very easy to get the first author worked up over the subject. Pushing buttons usually means, although not always, being able to make someone angry about something.
engineer

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 07:33 am
@Setanta,
Everything Set said plus...

"Kick butt" can also mean turning in an exceptional performance. "That was a kick butt concert".

"Easy Button" can also refer to a fad device that is sold at a large office supply store in the US. When you press it, it says in a loud, nasal voice "THAT WAS EASY!" The idea is that you put one on your desk and when you help someone either they press the button it indicate that something that was expected to be hard was surprisingly not.

PS means "post script" and refers to something added to the end of a paper as an afterthought.
0 Replies