Homecoming parties & Tallyho

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 10:04 pm
"The classic case happens at homecoming parties when we hear the guest of honor lament,'Gosh, but I had no idea! I never would have guessed! I didn't know I was so powerful! I didn't know I was so responsible for my words and deeds! I just didn't know!' But it's even worse for them when we reply, 'Yes...but you could have.' Of course, we follow that up with something much lighter like, 'Hey, you look fab in wings!' Tallyho, The Universe" ---Mike Dooley Manifesting Change

In his paragraph, what is "homecoming parties"?
When the author says that "you look fab in wings", what does he mean? Does it has anything to do with the "parties"?
And what does "Tallyho" in the end mean?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 660 • Replies: 1
No top replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 12:40 am
@Justin Xu,
Homecoming parties = Is a tradition of welcoming alumni back to a school with activities. In this case it was a party.

You look fab in wings = You look fabulous in wings. My guess it does have to do with the party. Such as one dressing up, and changing the subject. Then commenting how someone looked with a pair of wings on them. To avoid the awkward conversation at the party.

Tallyho, appears to me, to be some type of slang that means shout it to the universe.
0 Replies