First Word -

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 02:37 pm
@cherrie,
Funny Cherrie, I was looking yesterday at decorations, the cheap stuff, doubted I would find anything I liked but you know, looking anyway and really hardly any Christmas decorations were around either? Guess 11 weeks to go, probably start around 8.

I've got a feeling it's going to be the typical 10 day heat wave somewhere along the line this year. To reach nearly 30 at the beginning of Spring scares me.

I hope that that helicopter doesn't need to be used.. You've already been through enough in one year.

The animals and water. Is there creeks or the likes your way?

Need to start googling Christmas food ideas for 22 people sheez... I'll be sleep walking the night before. Smile

Going to visit my parents after my open this morning... They live an hour away, not far but when working? That's 3hrs, there/back and visit which takes 1/2 my day out. My open is 10 minutes from them. They love it when I list their way : )

cherrie

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 05:53 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Gotta love this spring weather. Yesterday was 30 degrees, clear blue sky, sunshine and best of all no wind. It was a perfect day.

Then today! What a difference. It hasn't stopped raining all day, 14 degrees here, and more snow on the mountains. I just got home from SES training and it is freezing outside.

Yes, we have lots of rivers and creeks here. There are 2 main rivers in the area (we had to drag a body out of one of them a few months ago), and lots of creeks. Actually our local policeman wrote off his vehicle about 6 months ago driving through a swollen river. It was a little deeper than he thought. We remind him about that every now and then. Very Happy

22 people, wow, that's a lot. What sort of meal do you have? I mean traditional Christmas dinner, or a bbq or seafood, or something else?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 02:36 pm
@cherrie,
AUSSIE

Only in Aussie land, I reckon Smile 35 next week... and we experienced hail at 16 yesterday, so I know the "freezing" bit, like What? Didn't dress appropriately as I didn't expect 16/17 to be "that" cold.

Poor Policeman he'll never live that down lols.

Speaking of which, 6 police have been prosecuted for theft of goods held, about time because everything has corruption.

Mmmm.. Well it's lunch time, we think we have it down packed, we think.

We will make up some platters to start with including fresh prawns.

We'll do a Turkey, gravy and fish. boiled potatoes with butter and fennel.

And, we'll have the Sisters help out by bringing a roast ham, Christmas dessert, salads and a hot chicken dish..

It's all about getting together. Mind you, being a "cook" I won't be able to help myself, I've already started checking out recipes, starters, decorations, presentation, to make it all come together looking fancy lols.

D being a Chef, I would imagine his family kinda expect things to be a bit different. Smile

Seems no one wants to think about Christmas and what they will be doing, but us two Smile
cherrie

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:37 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Freezing again. That's all I'll say about the weather. Sad

It sounds like you will well and truly have enough food. I suppose there would be a bit of added pressure with D being a chef, everyone would expect it all to be a bit better than than the average meal. But it all sounds yummy.

I went shopping today with my daughter and we managed to find my Christmas presents for her 4 kids, so they are done. Smile I don't think I've ever bought presents this early before, I almost feel like I am organised. That's different. I usually do this in the week or so before Christmas.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 03:08 pm
@cherrie,
YES/NO Smile

It's too weird. I'm with you but then 27 yesterday and 32 today, talk about confusing weather.

We had our engagement party at our house a few years back. I got stuck in the kitchen, (couldn't help myself) put out so much food, D had a bad back and did nothing (haha).. Smile He has the fish and the gravy and that's about it, trust me, glass of beer in hand, turn the webber, cut the food for me, that will be it Smile

Can't blame him, who wants to cook all the time? PS, he will give me instructions on what goes best with the Turkey Smile

I think when we talk about anything, it comes to mind thereafter. We talked about getting early presents and so when you went shopping it was in your mind cause ya don't do it Smile

The worse part is Cherrie, I am in cleaning mode, pruning mode, planting plants you know all the things that make the house look better and maintained I think I may be kind off OCDC sometimes ....

Should see the recipe collection in addition for before mains I've been collecting...

Oh dear!
cherrie

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:23 am
@FOUND SOUL,
HOT

6.15pm and it's still 31 degrees. But it's clouding over now and I think we are going to have a storm.

I think we are the only ones who are thinking about Christmas so far, maybe no-one else realises its only 9 weeks away. Very Happy

I've been doing a bit of spring cleaning too, it got really quiet at work so I had some spare time. But now it's suddenly very busy, so the cleaning has to go on hold for the moment. What a shame. I haven't got much done outside yet, it's either raining or too windy, or it's just too hot. Sad
Sturgis

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 02:44 pm
@cherrie,
RAIN

Been raining heavy, off and on for most of the day. Began sometime during the late evening into the night and there were a few rumblings of thunder along with the lightning which pierces through the closed eyes.

The rain did nothing to silence the insane construction projects going on around here. Still feel the ground vibrate occasionally as the former hospital continues becoming overpriced condominiums- some with views of nothing other than cinder block walls. Then there's a building where the entire ground floor has been torn open and work there is apparently unending.

A little cool here, running in the mid-50s today(that's Fahrenheit of course), but not unusual for this time of year and maybe even warming than average. Word has it the winter should be somewhat on the cold side of average. That would mean a repeat of last year! (also expecting a fair amount of snowfall once the season sets in)

Most other things are quiet, staying out of trouble (usually or at least for the most part). Halloween arriving next Friday, think I'll stay hidden away to avoid scaring anybody.

Just wanted to check in again on this thread, seems I keep meaning to and keep forgetting, I think the Boss must have whispered a little louder in my ear today so I would get the hint).

Here's hoping all are well and keeping happy.

Until later...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:02 pm
@cherrie,
RAIN Smile

http://able2know.org/topic/257913-1

Oh pftttt let's spread the Christmas ideas out there Smile

We had a little bit of rain half an hour ago, with two "hot" days it's pretty weird, what to wear, what to wear. Actually, today I am going to go through my wardrobe, planned that a week ago and still waiting to do it, and work out where everything is.. summer jackets to the left, etc..

Problem with gardens Cherrie, you start and you keep wanting to add Smile
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:06 pm
@Sturgis,
STURGIS

Good morning Smile

I can't lie, I love thunder and lightening just for a bit, not all night ...

Will it be snowing over Christmas time do you think? I'd love to spend (1) Christmas in the snow I think that would be awesome.

Constructions well you could move Sturgis : )

BOSS

Funny. Last night we went to a Chinese Restaurant we hadn't been to before, that the BOSS recommended to us.

The girl there told us she started there when she was 19 and she's now 35, she would remember Dutchy if we showed her a photo.

The Boss was right. The food was awesome. I had duck with asparagus and crab, D had crispy beef with chilli. Left overs for tonight. Service was quick, friendly even a little boy tried to run around the room (owner in the kitchen) family orientated. Lovely.

Glad that you are staying out of trouble young man Smile
cherrie

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:48 am
@FOUND SOUL,
It was a dark and stormy night....

.... followed by a dark and stormy day.

I got woken up last night by what sounded like rocks being thrown on the roof. It turned out to be rain absolutely hammering down, I don't think I've ever heard it come down so hard. The power was off, it was thundering and lightninging (?) and that continued all day. Had no idea what time it was when I woke up this morning - no power = no clock - so I had to just get up. It turned out to be 6.15, about an hour and a half earlier than I usually get up. Shocked So I went to work early and finished early.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 03:18 pm
@cherrie,
BEST

Part of the day, morning... I should know, I'm up between 5.30am and 6.30am daily (diabetic dog) ...

Kia absolutely HATED the storm but I can tell she is going a wee bit blind and now a wee bit deaf because she didn't really hear it until it got going....

What I hate about the power going out? And I don't like the word hate either, is having to go around changing the clocks Smile

Over cast today but picking up weather wise.

Do you celebrate Melbourne Cup? We are off to the races on Tuesday, may be a flower hippy this year, dress is white with floral, hair up like Bridget Bardot and a daisy in my hair I'm thinking.... Really need a day off, plus champers Smile

cherrie

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 11:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
RACES

I've never been to the Melbourne Cup, but have been to regional cup race meetings.

The Cup just means a busy weekend at work for me. Tuesday is a public holiday here, and a lot of people also take the Monday off to have an extra long weekend. Some people have RDO's and others just take sickies. A lot of businesses close for the day because they know that half their staff aren't going to turn up anyway. Smile

Same with schools, my older grand daughter has the Monday off, but my younger ones have the Friday off instead, with school on Monday. That's just going to be a fun activity day because, again, they know that half of the kids wont turn up. Its got me completely baffled as to why they have chosen to do it that way.

The weather is improving here as well, cloudy but warmish today.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 02:51 pm
@cherrie,
HA!

Reminds me of Easter, only I have to remember it's coming up, the only time I GET time off, seriously... Each year I've worked right up to the 24th December, then try to take time off but, you know, phone calls/emails doesn't work.

I'm working today, tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, NOT Tuesday, guess I'm not a kid Smile

I sometimes wish that I was though, what is with 6 weeks here, 4 weeks ,there another 4 weeks, 6 weeks off school per year? Wink Actually, last school holidays my step-daughter advised she was given assignments to put in before returning to school, naturally left it until the last minute so I guess they still have to do "some" study.

31 here today, then something stupid like 19... Weird weather ....

cherrie
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 05:28 am
@FOUND SOUL,
BABY

My daughter who lost her baby is pregnant again. I haven't wanted to tell too many people yet in case something went wrong again, but she is 20 weeks now. She has had an ultrasound and an obstetrician appointment this week and everything is fine. All being well there will be a new grandchild in March. Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 03:24 pm
@cherrie,
AWESOME~~~

Oh that is totally awesome news cherrie... Very Happy

I am so happy for her and you, the family..........

I'm predicting 17th March ...

Hope our friends of FW see this post... hugs to you...
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 04:31 am
@cherrie,
Congratulations

Wonderful news, cherrie - I hope that everything goes well for your daughter this time and that you'll have a super new grandchild in March.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:50 am
Thank you Foundy.

Thank you Vonny.

Yes, it's been a bit of a tense time, but the worst of the danger time is over now. She had a bit of a scare a few weeks ago and had to go to the hospital, but luckily it was a false alarm. Each time she goes to the obstetrician she has a quick ultrasound, so she is being well looked after this time, and hopefully any problems will be caught before they become serious.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 02:01 pm
@cherrie,
ONE
WEEK
LATER

How's the girl? Smile
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 02:54 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Aelorn/Eagles.jpg

With loving thoughts on a special day, to a special friend....................
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 02:49 pm
@Sturgis,
HURRAH!

Wherever you are - this is for you dear friend -

http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics/Friendship/WelcomeBack/welcomeback39.jpg