First Word -

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2018 02:26 pm
@vonny,
SORRY

So sorry Glitter that you also lost a baby it's so tough.

Also sorry, NBN has been down for nearly two weeks, then catch up with work.

I love the way they do turns and turns when they see you coming down the driveway Smile Agree, if you can do it, do it.

And yep, that un-conditional love.. .Can't wait to find out your forever baby's name Von.

vonny

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2018 01:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
HEATWAVE

Too hot here at the moment to do much except try to stay cool! Friends are desperately trying every trick in the book to keep their dogs from overheating - wet towels, cool mats, using hosepipes to spray them with water - any ideas from Australia or America?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2018 03:53 pm
@vonny,
HUMID

The temperature began the upward trend once more and the week looks a little too warm for me to be happy about it.

Overall, not the worst, as we are apparently above the average rainfall. Not that I get to excited about this, seeing as how the water we receive comes from reservoirs several miles out of the city. If they don't get enough rain, the warnings about drought and pleas to use less then start. If local rain has been heavy, it's hard to get people to comprehend the seriousness of things.

There were a few cooler days, the humidity however was way up. Somewhat akin to being in a cloud.

No real ideas for anybody how to deal with the heat. For me, there is some sort of mild adjustment and then acceptance of the lousy stuff. Plus, I know I essentially grew up with no air conditioning and there wasn't a fan in most rooms either. (Previous generations clearly were made of stronger stock than me....or were utterly insane)

Makes me wonder what The Boss would have to say about all this.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 01:36 am
@vonny,
Whoa, really?

I used to purchase a plastic kids, oyster double "pool" and they would jump in there and splash around.

Ice cubes as well in their water Smile
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 01:39 am
@Sturgis,
16 DAYS NO INTERNET

Seriously.... twice now how am I meant to work or come here?

The Boss would have loved the heat, "not me" then again I don't like winter at all... I'm a Spring and Autumn person, summer here is like 10 days if we are lucky and a heat wave.

Then again, if we move to QLD in 5 years, it's 100% humidity NOOOO

I don't totally recall, but I doubt we had air con either, I remember a towel wet and I through it over me at night.. I think this generation is "spoilt wrotten" !

SORRY guys this NBN in Aussie Land is carp, I preferred the old Telstra normal internet !!!!!!!!!!!

If i GO missing that's why !

Sturgis in a cloud? I saw a facebook thingy on my phone the other day.

There was a person walking through it, goodness if only that was real, it looked real!

vonny

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2018 02:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
ADOPTION

Yes, we've done it - adopted a dog! He's nothing at all like the Labradors we've always owned - this little chap is a terrier X - aged between 5 and 7 - and he's adorable. He has a face like a little fawn - big expressive ears and huge Bambi eyes - probably a lot of Jack Russell in his mix? Can't add a photo because I can't remember how to - oops!

Sorry about your broadband problems, Foundy - hopefully you'll get them sorted out soon.

Queensland? In five years? Tell me more!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 02:02 am
@vonny,
EXCITED!!

Oh my goodness, how adorable, a little one with alot of gusto and love no doubt, they are amazing little ones.

I can visualise him. Sounds maybe a cross between this little one? Skip ad Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9gO6U5U2Y

I too can't recall photobucket or how to get in Smile

What did you name him?

Yeah, gives me the shirts but all good now, maybe because I am somewhat sort off country .

QLD, I have 90 bookings at present for staging weddings, so I would "love" to just to background on property management and keep it, but go full on as this "florist" and have David help me, cut flowers, count them, stock take, deliver, design some and so we are hoping to move to QLD therefore, just doing that.

Weather is better, warmer, no arthritis, great fruit, great weather ( be inside a few months a year) CAN'T handle huge heat.

But, over all just a nicer quieter lifestyle.

So happy for you guys, x
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 02:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FALL

I mean the change in the seasons. Our seasons are the reverse of those who live in the Southern Hemisphere. Makes for an interesting topic. When is the best time to visit so and so. When we lived in Naperville IL we enjoyed the seasons, but here in Silicon Valley, it's a bit boring. https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USCA4968:27:US
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2018 01:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
AUSSIE

You know cicerone imposter, I find it hard to convert being an Aussie Smile

So like, 75 is IDK 20ish degrees?

Do not call me blonde!
vonny

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 08:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
From blonde on blonde to anybody out there ... first word not last word!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 11:44 am
@FOUND SOUL,
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 04:13 pm
Duck!

(Muttered by a dinosaur as several giant asteroids approached)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2024 03:04 pm
EDIT:
Ironically not the first time I posted this video.
0 Replies