First Word -

cherrie

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:39 am
@FOUND SOUL,
BUSY

I've been really busy the last few days with one thing and another. Not enough hours in the day at the moment. But all is well. I've got some of the kids and partners coming for the weekend so today since I got home from work I have been making beds and getting rooms ready. Should be a good weekend.

I wont mention the weather Foundy, except to say it's cold. We had some sleet the other day but no snow here yet, though I can see it on the mountain from here.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 02:13 am
@cherrie,
LIFE

Ah, well though knowing that you are going to have a good weekend, means you kinda, sorta, half, almost enjoy the housework side of things Smile BUT, always glad when it's over. Sounds great and I imagine you will be cooking as well yes? I mean the weather won't allow you to cook on the Barbie Smile Oh you weren't going to mention the weather hehe.

Cold! Is an understatement OMG this is ridiculous ... Then again where you are living it would be even colder than my 5 degree mornings. Snow is beautiful to look at though.. I think that I told you when I was 25, I snow ploughed for the first time and was really impressed, going around a corner and falling over with my azz up in the air, well that was a different story Smile

Enjoy your family weekend... So important and fantastic to catch up with family.

Thank you for reminding me to ring my Mother Smile

STURGIS IS BACK - now get well and get out of hospital young fella x

Hey Von/Glitter/Osso/Boss yep adding him in.

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 02:17 pm
We could do with a bit of your cool air across here at the moment - we're in the middle of a heatwave. Don't laugh - temperatures are set to hit the 100 degree mark on Friday!

<<<<<Sturgis>>>>>

So very glad to see you posting again - STURGIS you really had us worried this time! Get well very quickly and come back here to FW where you belong!!! Laughing
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:33 pm

5 degrees in the morning Foundy, sounds like a warm start to the day. It's 3.30pm here and it's 3 degrees. It was about 11 earlier but the temperature has plummeted in the last hour or so. Maybe we'll finally get that snow they keep talking about.

Definitely no barbie this weekend lol, I've just started a big pot of ham and vege soup. That should keep them going.

100 degrees Vonny, that's about 37 celsius, starting to warm up nicely. Very Happy
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 02:56 am
@cherrie,
LOLS - come live in Adelaide then Smile 3 friggen degrees in the afternoon, I couldn't do it, truly but then I wasn't bought up around snow.

I'm jealous of Von's weather go figger that's what we get for being up-side-down Wink

Yum, Ham and Veg soup is perfect for this weather, going for chops with lemon and every green veg tonight, tomorrow night out with a girlfriend what to wear to be warm, what to wear to be warm Smile

Enjoy mam, is the baby coming?
cherrie

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:46 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Isaac isn't coming for the weekend, but I will see him tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much he has grown in the couple of weeks since I last saw him. He will be a month old tomorrow.

Quote:
I'm jealous of Von's weather go figger that's what we get for being up-side-down Wink

Wasn't it only a few months ago that we were having temps in the mid-40s day after day and wishing it would cool down? Laughing We'll be having that weather again soon.
vonny

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 03:34 am
@cherrie,
It sounds as if you are in for a very happy and family oriented weekend - I bet young Isaac has grown a lot since you last saw him, babies do seem to grow at an amazing rate when they are 'new'. Laughing

Our temperatures are climbing steadily and may even reach your summer averages if they keep on rising this way. But we Brits just aren't prepared for them in the way that the Australians are. Rolling Eyes Most air con over here consists of a couple of electric fans - or the windows left wide open! Cool We don't even have sun at the moment - it's cloudy, humid and we're still recovering from the awful thunderstorm that woke us all in the early hours of this morning - gosh, it was a real humdinger of a storm. Add a very hot and frightened dog to the mix, and as you can imagine, we didn't get very much sleep. Crying or Very sad

Hey Sturgis, hurry up and get well and post to let us know how you're doing now. Thinking of you lots and hoping you're eating well - are you getting plenty of your favourite foods in hospital? Just thought you'd like to know that I'm still eating plenty of butternut squash - all your fault, of course, you got me hooked on the stuff!

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 08:38 am
《《《BLEEGH》》》

Well that about summarizes where I am at present.

Slight sidestep in health overnight, not too serious a matter, stomach discomfort as well as some food deciding it wanted to climb up and out of the esophagus.

Better now, additional pain subsiding slowly moving out which'll make things somewhat more to my liking.

The doctor has some mental health issues it would seem as keeps yammering as I he is the BOSS. Darned fool doesn't say why though.

A little tired so maybe get a few winks of sleep.

Will at home up with you all in a while.

Until later...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 05:04 pm
@Sturgis,
TEACH ME

How to do that bleegh thing when you get home and can Smile

BOSS - Well you know that rule so listen to your Doctor !

REBEL.

STURGIS - ((Mwha)) get better, get better, get better, really good to see you where (as Von stated) you belong...

XX

Cherie NO I can't wait any longer I want full sun, warmth, I want to plant in my garden, walk out side Smile

HIYA ALL
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 04:26 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Sturgis

I'm not sure if this shows as another post?

BUT if not I know how to contact you Smile

If you don't mind warlock number 2, we would like an update weekly and devote the BOSS's thread to you at present.

Why? Cause I know in my heart of hearts I want to know others do and this was "our" thread...

You are going through things yourself now and I want, you to know that we are here.

So, please, let us know how you are.

Don't have to tell me what you are eating Smile Promise Smile

Much love
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:15 pm
EVENTUALLY

Eventually I may get around to discussing things further with regard to the mystery surrounding Domenick. However, for today that won't be the case as it is not in my plans for things to discuss today. It seemed the main part here was to bring this thread back into the sunlight and give it another burst of energy. It seems to me that The Boss would have approved of this, and that thinking cannot be wrong.

Until later... hoping all of you fine individuals are doing fine and keeping happy.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:33 pm
@Sturgis,
GOOD MORNING!! Wink

To you, everyone and the Boss !

I think you all may be jealous except (1) as we head into Spring and Summer must get some plants today, need to see colour happening in that garden.

Wondering, if we get different plants around the World? Our seasonal will be petunias, looking at some photos wow, we sure don't get these ones.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z376/MacPiggy/PetuniaA-Copy.jpg MacPiggy Petunia? Who would call a flower that? That's got to be photoshopped?

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/bernieh_photos/Annuals/Petunia4.jpg

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/bernieh_photos/Annuals/PetuniaBonanza18.jpg

So what do you all plant in spring?

I do want herbs too, ready for salads and we do have a few veggies planted.

cherrie

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 06:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
SPRING

You have Spring Foundy?
We are getting glimpses of it, we get a couple of lovely warm days then it all turns to crap again. There was snow further up the mountains a few days ago.

Did you manage to survive that storm yesterday? From what I saw on the news Adelaide got hit pretty hard. It hit here in the early hours this morning, but there doesn't seem to be any damage around here, and we didn't get any call-outs.

Petunias are lovely plants, I like that really ruffly one. I was planning to put in a cottage garden mix, but if the weather doesn't improve soon so I can get out there and do it it's going to be too late.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 08:31 pm
@cherrie,
I don't think I have ever seen a ruffly petunia, the pix are terrific. I've seen ruffly tulips, and they are lovely. Weather is starting to cool a little, still comfortable during daylight but a tad cooler. Nice to see everyone here!!!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:19 pm
@cherrie,
TOMORROW

Actually, I haven't been able to work out our weather for the past at least, 5 years or more. One day it's hot, then it rains, then it's friggen 16 and then like tomorrow, 29? Smile

Sounds the same at your end, except the snow, I would LOVE to see that, strange how it's really only 40 minutes away by plane, one day...

LOLS I say that because. In the morning it was windy but really warm. We decided to go out for lunch in the countryside. Thought I was dressed appropriately.. So we hit some little town and stop at the pub. The lights are all out. But, they could still cook most things as they had gas. So, we stayed and went upstairs with a candle : ) Romance you know.

Then sheez, the balcony was swinging from left to right, well it felt like it. I peered through the window and checked out our car, phew all good. Then bam, the gutter flew off, landing on the ground... Lights came back on and we braved it and proceeded to Hahndorf. Well Ms Cherrie, I've never felt like I was in winter whilst dressed for spring, in my entire life. Brrr was coming out of both of our mouths and we managed to see one art exhibition and tailed it to the car, as quick as we could.

Smile You asked.

Our shed door came off but that was easy enough to put back up.. 100 miles an hour they said.. Glad that there didn't appear to be any damage at your end. Was worried about the birds. There is a beautiful brown bird with brown beak, never seen one before, with two babies I feed.. But all seems well ...

I think you have to plant some Petunias in Spring, Pansies in Winter but there are so many beautiful colours out there and new type of flowers. Just love watching all the colours come together.

Cottage gardens are my favourite... Also geraniums though I tend to be wary of where I put them otherwise they take over. Found a deep red, deep purple and bright orange the past few months ... Go me for going for the un-usual Smile

If our weather is improving surely yours will too, happy Spring planting Smile

I guess it's a lot colder your way? We are going back down to 20 but that's still going to be fair. .

Especially for open inspections.....
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:23 pm
@glitterbag,
NICE

Indeed to see everyone.

Ruffly tulips.. Not sure of, only really seen yellow and red ones here.

This one is stunning

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w137/august_rain_creations/photography/DSC04213.jpg

Christmas, can you believe that it's literally only a few weeks away!!!

Need some ideas for lunch for 22.

Dear me, heaven help me.

What's everyone doing, if you are cooking what are you cooking.

I found some (new) face washers the other day, wrapped up to look like cakes, seriously.. Will take a photo and put it up. Bought 4 of them at $3 each from an OP Shop.. So un-usual... Great present idea, just got to work out who for Smile
cherrie

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 03:13 am
@glitterbag,
I haven't seen ruffly tulips but I do have ruffly daffodils in my garden, though they are finished now for this year. They are much lovelier than regular daffodils. I have been trying to grow lily of the valley for years now, but for some reason as soon as I plant them they die. But this year I have finally had success. I planted them last summer and just noticed yesterday that they have come up and are almost flowering. So happy about that, they're probably my favourite flower. Very Happy
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 03:28 am
@FOUND SOUL,
When I saw what you wrote about being nearly Christmas my first thought was "what is she talking about, it's months away". Shocked Then I realised we are nearly halfway through October, so it's not far off at all. That's a bit scary, where has the year gone?

This year I am having all the kids, partners, and grandchildren here. They all went in different directions last year, but this Christmas they're all mine.
It will be mayhem, chaos and insanity, but a lot of fun. Very Happy

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 02:27 pm
@cherrie,
Ha. Blame face-book it said something like 18 Saturdays and I thought sheez, that's not far, that was a few, few weeks away Smile

That's a problem isn't it? My nieces and nephews have girlfriends and are 23 & 25. We are "trying" to find a day we can all join together but I advised my nephew if that happens, he and the others "have" to go and see Grandma and Grandpa in the morning. To them, celebrating on another day isn't the same and given they are 75,76 I made it clear that it was important to them, just 20 minutes, you know age and all.

Our lunch is for D's family 18 or more... I can see myself in the kitchen for 3 days Smile

That's awesome they'll be with you this year. No doubt you'll do the same, spend ages preparing Smile

It's also awesome when you finally get to see something grow that you've always wanted in your garden.. I did some pruning and pulling of excess geraniums yesterday, ouch Smile
cherrie

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 09:46 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I went shopping yesterday and the shops are full of Christmas stuff. They snuck all that in pretty quickly. No decorations up yet but that will probably happen by the time I go shopping again.

They are talking about a really bad bushfire season this summer. Apparently it's going to be very hot and dry. We've just heard that we will have a fire fighting helicopter stationed near us for the the whole fire season. Usually they just bring them in as and when they are needed, so that's a bit scary that they think it will be bad enough to have one here for the whole time, but also reassuring that there will be one there. Hopefully it won't be needed.

That's probably wishful thinking.