Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
SCARY

That I haven't written on this since 2016!!! Smile
vonny

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 02:02 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
TIME

Probably applies to me too! The thread needs reviving at some point - used to enjoy the interaction between 'the few'.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 03:12 pm
@vonny,
FEW

So agree Vonny, to me it's a Bond unbroken with time Smile Rather some of the best memories ...

glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 03:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
RELIEF

It's so good you see you gals again(the Tri-Continent Club)
vonny

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 01:29 pm
@glitterbag,
CLUB

I rather like that idea - sad when ties are broken - here's to strong bonds.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2018 03:49 pm
@vonny,
BOND

Always, it's like my "sister" who lives in Scotland, years pass but when we speak, it's the same as yesterday....

LOVE
vonny

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
ENGLAND

Not quite Scotland - but birthplace was close. How's married life?

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 03:24 pm
@vonny,
AUSTRALIA

Where the kangaroos are.. Though Hubby did spend 10 years in your neck of the woods Smile Married life is Grand, business has gone crazy, flowers everywhere...

How is your not so new kitchen appliances going

vonny

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 01:44 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
DOGS

Too busy this year to spend much time in the kitchen - and too hot this summer to do much cooking anyway.

How is your dog - no longer a pup of course? We lost Megan in February - she was 15, a good age for a Lab - and had lived a good life to the full. Now we are starting to think of adopting another dog - hopefully another Labrador - no hurry, too important to find just the right dog.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 02:42 am
@vonny,
MEGAN

Oh Von, so so, sorry to here this though 15 is a great innings for a Labrador definately.

And I know how much time you spent with her and the love she felt or else she wouldn't have made it to 15...

I always think, yes, it's not a replacement it's giving love to yet another soul that needs it and somehow , the new little one tends to do something simular to make us smile.

Sibling rivary is what we had between Rawaii and Milburn as Milsy wasn't desexed so took us 4 months or more to bring them back together, it was extremely stressful. We had to sleep seperately at first for a month and have them separated, then on leads in the lounge eventually, off and eventually back together. Lots of " we are the pack leaders" and training but we made it it's been at least 3 months now Smile And they are brothers again x
vonny

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 01:50 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
BROTHERS

Good that your boys are friends now - it sounds as if it was hard going at first!

We're hoping to rehome a young adult dog rather than a puppy this time, but it's not easy finding the right one. So many dogs needing homes - so very sad!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 01:49 am
@vonny,
ADOPTION

We actually, adopted both our boys persay. Yes, they were pups, one was given at 6 weeks old, so she just wanted the money, we had to take him.

The second, "he" was on TV, "puppy farming" we saw the show after however, just the smell of Milsy let us know he was in a cage full of urine, let alone what ever else so again, we took him straight away and ran for it so to speak.

If we were to do it again at some stage? We would do what you are doing, some beautiful boy/girl that should never have either gone to the owners in the first place, as they ditch it. Or, the owner passed.

Most definately so, pleased that you are looking at it that way Von x
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 02:04 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Puppy

We lost Sophie in March 2017 when she was only 8....we still have her sister Ruby (now about 8). I think I’m a little too stiff and old to start with another Vizsla puppy, it wouldn’t be fair to the puppy, but we definitely could adopt an older or senior pup. That might sound a little selfish, but we love dogs and we have had so many dogs we ushered into senior hood. The selfish part is we want dogs with us, dogs or other pets don’t care about age, they live in the moment....I think that’s a wonderful thing. Animals are really so joyful.
vonny

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 01:42 pm
@glitterbag,
HEARTBREAK

So sad to hear that you lost one of your beautiful Vizslas - and poor Sophie so very young. We lost one at that age some years ago, it never seemed quite fair somehow, a short life cut even shorter.

We'd love to take on a puppy but two of our Labs have reached 15 and 16 years respectively, which makes us think about just how many years of healthy dog ownership we have ahead of us. An older dog seems the better option - perhaps one that's been made homeless by the loss of its owner through death, illness or divorce?

Hopefully not too long to wait - I'm getting broody!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 02:49 pm
HOME

All critters need and deserve a loving home. If you have the space and the means, then reach out and get a forever friend.

vonny

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 01:28 pm
@Sturgis,
WELCOME

Who else would give you a hero's welcome every time you walked through the door - await your every command with eager anticipation - love you unreservedly.

I can't wait to reach out for that forever friend.