Why are Jews hated by so many people?

Krumple

Mon 9 Mar, 2015 01:27 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
If that is the case then Jesus can not be said to be sinless. If he were born then he had to have had original sin by default. If he was able to live his 30 years committing no other sins then surely there was a way right? If there was a way then everyone would be subject to this way either by purpose or by accident but there must have been a way.

How quaint...arguing Biblical theory is rapidly going the way of reciting Latin conjugations.

Well I do the same thing with other fiction. If there is a movie or a book and discussing the issues I have with the behavior of the characters or some established plot point that gets ignored or broken.

One of my favorite examples of this behavior is when Jesus is praying asking god why he has been forsaken. Now this behavior doesn't make any sense if Jesus understood why everything was occurring. In fact if he was aware that he was going to save humanity through his sacrifice he wouldn't be asking about any sort of forsakeness. It doesn't make any sense.

The only way you can explain it is if he was not aware at all that he was going to die to save all of humanity. Yet almost no christian, scholar or otherwise would ever admit to that. So it calls into question the validity of the story itself or the story is really not what people make it out to be.

So it is necessary to argue with fiction so that people realize the plot holes, in consistent behaviors and errors.
Krumple

Mon 9 Mar, 2015 01:51 am
@Krumple,
There is another really good example of this lack of consistency in the bible story dealing with Jesus.

Imagine you are a follower of Jesus and you witnessed him do some really amazing things. Like bring people back to life, walk on water, turn water in to wine, ect. Perhaps even things that were not even written about?

Okay fast forward a head and your great teacher who you've seen do some really amazing things is about to be executed. Yet you and none of the other followers do ANYTHING to prevent it? Nothing? Are you serious? Not even ONE of them tries to prevent it?

If I saw someone doing some really "magical" things and said some inspiring things I wouldn't stand silent if that person were to be carted off to be executed. It doesn't make any sense. Yet ABSOLUTELY none even try to prevent it.

It points out a fundamental flaw in character of Jesus's followers. Either they were all pussies, which it could be true. Or the narrative doesn't allow it because the story is completely made up. Usually fabricated stories have these holes in how real people would behave.

You could write this off and try to claim that Jesus told them not to do anything. To just let things run their course. But this doesn't make any sense either. Because first of all why would he tell them not to react? Secondly even if I were told not to help, my compassion for how great I would feel about him would over ride the command given to me. I would simply be compelled to stop it from happening. Yet this doesn't occur in ANY follower. It reveals that the story was more than likely made up.
Setanta

Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:07 am
Hey Krumple, do you know what the topic of the thread is?
0 Replies

Theo202

Sat 23 Apr, 2022 12:23 am
@Heywood,
Quote:
Whats up with that?

"In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross." ~ Adolf Hitler, 12 April 1922

Unwrapping this involves looking at the differences between the account in the gospel of John which describes a scourge (of sorts) and the other accounts, which do not.
0 Replies

Theo202

Sat 23 Apr, 2022 01:14 am
@neologist,
Quote:
For thousands of years, those nations having dealings with natural Israel both feared and hated them because they had Jehovah's protection. Then, in 70 CE, it became evident that protection was removed when Jerusalem and the temple, along with all genealogical records were destroyed by the "abominable thing" spoken of by Daniel.

The abomination of desolation shouldn't be conflated with the destruction of the temple. Daniel describes the abomination of desolation in relation to the end of sacrifice (Daniel 9:27). Christianity associates the end of sacrifice with the crucifixion. The destruction of the city and temple (sanctuary) described in the previous verse doesn't occur until the arrival of the prince that comes.

In Matthew 24:15, the listeners are told to stand in the holy place. Sanctuary in Hebrew is qodesh, which is translated as "holy". It would be absurd to direct people to the temple if the temple were to be destroyed.
Theo202

Sat 23 Apr, 2022 01:31 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Not even ONE of them tries to prevent it?

Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Matthew 26:31
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 08:59 pm
@Theo202,
You are misreading the text here. Don't be sad, everyone does. The abomination of desolation is the destruction of the temple. The abomination where God gets rid of his holy place, leaving a desolation. Neologist is actually 100% correct. It's most Christians and Jews who have gotten it wrong, making Jesus's prophecy into some sort of end times thing. But read the context. The disciples, when Jesus predicts
Jesus is saying here, "Dude, it's just a temple. More importantly, the Temple (my body) will fall, and this will have great signs in heaven and earth. And false prophets will rise up and make false witness." But the Second Coming came. It was the resurrection of Jesus. The false prophets are all those misleading us about some future end times crap. The signs in heaven came too. Jesus had a legit multiple hour solar eclipse happen during his crucifixion. Btw, this is impossible under convention astronomy. A solar eclipse cannot happen during Passover, nor does an eclipse last hours. There were signs in the earth, where the ground opened up and the dead were raised to testify on behalf of Jesus. All of this is in Matthew. Mark and Luke have at least some of these, particularly the darkness.
But here's the interesting thing: John has no mention at all of any great darkness. The other three Gospels have the hours of darkness in conjunction with this prophecy. John's prophecy is about the real Temple being Jesus's body. It is rebuilt in three days, and John only mentions the resurrection of Jesus. In other words, John (the real John, who was probably actually Lazarus, not the "John" who wrote Revelation) rejects the importance of the temple. The Jews, including the Messianic Jews that Revelation's "John" is a member of, fixate on the temple. They assign such importance to it that they betray the command of Passover to kill a lamb and eat it, stating that it is a sacrifice (Exodus never uses the word "sacrifice"), and live their days in anticipation that the temple will be rebuilt. But the Law is fulfilled, so no temple ever needs to be rebuilt. It is built in Jesus, who the builders have rejected. It is a stumbling block to Judaism, that a man would be the new Temple.

Jews are hated because of a misunderstanding that it matters that they killed Jesus. But Jesus raised from the dead. It doesn't matter, because we don't have to wait for end times to see Jesus. Jesus tells us that his kingdom is not of this world. There is no revenge against the Jews for killing Jesus. Because Jesus is not dead.
Theo202

Fri 29 Apr, 2022 09:45 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
You are misreading the text here. Don't be sad, everyone does. The abomination of desolation is the destruction of the temple.

No, it would be absurd to tell people to stand in the temple when it was being destroyed.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Matthew 24:15

"holy" is a translation of qodesh

And let them make me a sanctuary(miqodesh) ; that I may dwell among them.
Exodus 25:8
bulmabriefs144

Sat 30 Apr, 2022 06:51 am
@Theo202,
Quote:
45From the sixth hour until the ninth hourg darkness came over all the land. 46About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,h lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

47When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He is calling Elijah.” 48One of them quickly ran and brought a sponge. He filled it with sour wine, put it on a reed, and held it up for Jesus to drink.

49But the others said, “Leave Him alone. Let us see if Elijah comes to save Him.”

50When Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He yielded up His spirit. 51At that moment the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth quaked and the rocks were split. 52The tombs broke open, and the bodies of many saints who had fallen asleep were raised. 53After Jesus’ resurrection, when they had come out of the tombs, they entered the holy city and appeared to many people.

54When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified and said, “Truly this was the Son of God.”

Read up on what the veil of the temple represents. Still stumped? It represents separation from God.
https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/tearing-of-the-temple-curtain-why-was-this-significant/
Then answer this question, why was it that God didn't have a temple in Exodus? Why did God tell David he would not build his temple? The sanctuary mentioned was while Israel wasn't even a place, while they are wandering in the desert.

The holy place is not in the temple. The holy place is in the presence of God. The temple is a symbol of separation. First, non-Jews are not to enter the outer gate. The women are to stay in the outer courtyards inside the gate. Then men who are not priests wait outside in the inner courtyards. Finally only the high priest is able to cross the area inside the curtain. The temple is a monument to separation from God. It is not God's holy place.
Theo202

Sun 1 May, 2022 01:33 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Read up on what the veil of the temple represents.

No, it's your job to make your point, not mine.
bulmabriefs144

Sun 1 May, 2022 10:10 am
@Theo202,
Which I did. Try reading the rest of the post.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/7e/1d/497e1d0582c7cc7d080ce9e7cdb1ae16.jpg

In this picture, you can see the degrees of separation. The veil is marked as #3.

First Gentiles, then women (and there were chambers for lepers with the women to give you a good idea how they rated), then men, the priests, the a veil separates even the priests (all but the high priest) from God.

I want you to think about how corrupt this "holy place" is, that it basically makes sure nobody actually feels connected to the divine.
bulmabriefs144

Sun 1 May, 2022 10:39 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Btw, here is a comparison between Herod's temple and the temple that Solomon built.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f35b62eba518e95376c779528dca5bd5-c

Notice that Solomon's temple has a distinct lack of barriers (gentiles/Jews, men/women, priests/lay, etc). This is a holy place for the worship of God. Inside too...
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/25/7b/a2/257ba29e8f185f427db52ec966ce0610.jpg

There does not appear to be a veil.

The temple that Herod built was an abomination and an idol.
https://emp.byui.edu/SATTERFIELDB/Jerusalem/Herod%20Temple%20Inside%202.jpg
A testament to a Judaism that was us-vs-them, that neglected the poor and outcast. This is what Jesus came to pass judgement against.

I image if the Jews ever rebuilt their temple, it would be like the 2nd temple. But I'd prefer it more like the 1st one.
0 Replies

Theo202

Sun 1 May, 2022 05:23 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
The holy place is not in the temple. The holy place is in the presence of God.

That's not what the relevant text says.

And thou shalt put the mercy seat upon the ark of the testimony in the most holy place.
Exodus 26:34
bulmabriefs144

Sun 1 May, 2022 06:37 pm
@Theo202,
That's not the relevant text.

This is.
Quote:
19“Sir,” the woman said, “I see that You are a prophet. 20Our fathers worshiped on this mountain (Mount Gerizim), but you Jews say that the place where one must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Now setting aside the apparent arrogance of Jesus, something very important is being said here about places of worship.

But let's talk about Exodus. Where was the place of worship? It was the Ark of the Covenant, a portable shrine. It wasn't a temple, it was something they hauled around. And this is the somewhat funny part. God ordered them to build idols, when they built the ark, when they built the temples.
The temples had things like bulls and golden seraphims, as well as the 2nd temple itself being an idol. God gave them idols to show them that they inherently failed to keep the Law. The ark of the covenant looked something like this...
https://ac3.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/ark-of-covenant-1024x683.png

The holy place of God? Well, I'd say outdoors, but then you'd worship nature. In a temple? You'd get caught up in the fine objects. Even if you decided (as I do) that God's Church is his people, you might still get caught up in what other people think.

The holy place of God is in God's presence. Period.
Theo202

Sun 1 May, 2022 07:15 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
That's not the relevant text.

It's relevant because the sanctuary is a place that the disciples knew that they could stand in, and because the words holy and sanctuary have the same linguistic root.

Quote:
Where was the place of worship?

It's not important. What matters is what the holy place is.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Matthew 24:15.
bulmabriefs144

Sun 1 May, 2022 08:21 pm
@Theo202,
The abomination of desolation is that the "holy place" shall be destroyed. This stupid idol.
https://photogent.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/HerodsThumb.jpg
It is an abomination, because an abomination is an aberrant thing, like a DNA-spliced 10-headed goat. The aberration of desolation is that the Jews do not have a physical place to worship. Even when they left Egypt, they had something to hold to, the Ten Commandments, then later the Ark of the Covenant. Then they had a Temple. Then they had a bigger Temple. But now, God destroys their Temple and when they pray for deliverance from the Romans, God is silent. When they pray for deliverance from the Nazis, God is silent. God causes them to wander in foreign lands, to be persecuted, to lose their "holy place."

When your "holy place" is destroyed, go to the holy place. This is what the text means. The holy place is worship, in spirit and in truth.
Theo202

Sun 1 May, 2022 09:23 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
The abomination of desolation is that the "holy place" shall be destroyed.

You're ignoring anything that indicates that there's a better explanation.
bulmabriefs144

Mon 2 May, 2022 07:35 am
@Theo202,
Because your better explanation is the wrong one.

Your better explanation is that when God rains down meteors (because you think the abomination of desolation refers to end times, and not what has already happened to the Jews as consequence of their idolatry) that the solution is to hide in a place built by human hands.

Quote:
48However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

49‘Heaven is My throne
and the earth is My footstool.
What kind of house will you build for Me, says the Lord,
or where will My place of repose be?
50Has not My hand made all these things?’

Stephen was stoned to death for speaking these words. But now, I say them to you. The Temple was just a temple. A building. And God didn't order its construction.

Quote:
5 “Go tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord says:

“‘“Are you going to build a house for me to inhabit? 6 After all, I haven’t lived in a house since the day I brought up the Israelis from Egypt until now. Instead, I’ve moved around in a tent that served as my dwelling place. 7 Wherever I moved among the Israelis, did I ever ask even one tribal leader of Israel whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, ‘Why haven’t you built me a cedar house?’

8 “‘“Now therefore this is what you are to tell my servant David: ‘This is what the Lord of the Heavenly Armies says: “I took you from the pasture myself—from tending sheep—to become Commander-in-Chief over my people, that is, over Israel.

9 “‘“Furthermore, I have remained with you everywhere you have gone, annihilating all your enemies right in front of you. I will make a great reputation for you, like the reputation of great ones who have lived on earth. 10 I will establish a homeland for my people—for Israel—planting them so they may live in a secure location where they will never be disturbed anymore. Wicked people will no longer afflict them, as happened in the past 11 when I had commanded judges to administer my people Israel. I’ll also grant you relief from all your enemies.”’

“‘The Lord also announces to you: “The Lord will himself build a house for you.

12 When your life is complete and you go to join your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring after you, who will come forth from your body, and I will fortify his kingdom. 13 He will build a Temple dedicated to my Name, and I will make the throne of his kingdom last forever. 14 I will be a father to him, and he will be to me a son who, when he commits iniquity, I will discipline with the rod wielded by armies and with wounds inflicted by human beings.15 But I’ll never remove my gracious love from him as I did from Saul, whom I removed from your presence. 16 Your dynasty and your kingdom will remain forever in my presence—your throne will be secure forever.”’”

His son builds a temple, but he is not allowed to. And God tells David he doesn't need one. Solomon was not as wise as he is given credit. And his sons are instructed not to be like him (but they double down and say they'll be worse). The point being that the Temple was a stupid idea, and when Herod built an even bigger one, he supplanted the rather modest one with an eyesore.

Quote:
Jewish eschatology includes a belief that the Second Temple will be replaced by a future Third Temple in Jerusalem; Eastern Orthodox Christians contend that the Third Temple already exists in every consecrated and canonical church through the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

And this is what you should believe. The Temple is Jesus Christ, a Temple not built by human hands but conceived by the miracle of birth, constructed by his life and death, and finished with his rising to life again. There is no better explanation. Any others you offer smacks of idolatry.

Theo202

Mon 2 May, 2022 12:57 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
Because your better explanation is the wrong one.

Your better explanation is that when God rains down meteors (because you think the abomination of desolation refers to end times, and not what has already happened to the Jews as consequence of their idolatry) that the solution is to hide in a place built by human hands.

Wrong, the abomination of desolation was the crucifixion.
bulmabriefs144

Tue 3 May, 2022 08:55 am
@Theo202,
That makes no sense.

The abomination of desolation is the fall of the Temple. However, the crucifixion was the building of God's kingdom as described in Daniel 2.

But you have wrongly assumed that Jesus is lost as a Messiah. On the contrary, he fulfilled his task as Messiah, raised from the dead, and gave for us eternal life.

Let's read the passage from Matthew and from John.

John 2
Quote:
12After this, He went down to Capernaum with His mother and brothers and His disciples, and they stayed there a few days.

13When the Jewish Passover was near, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14In the temple courtsb He found men selling cattle, sheep, and doves, and money changers seated at their tables. 15So He made a whip out of cords and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle. He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!”

17His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for Your house will consume Me.”c

18On account of this, the Jews demanded, “What sign can You show us to prove Your authority to do these things?”

19Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

20“This temple took forty-six years to build,” the Jews replied, “and You are going to raise it up in three days?”

21But Jesus was speaking about the temple of His body.

In John, there is no abomination of desolation mentioned. It is clear from the onset, that the only temple that matters ultimately is Jesus.

Unlike Revelation that paints the third Temple as some kind of evil thing, it's probably fine to build a physical Temple to God. God doesn't need it, and there's risk of being an idol. But whatever makes you happy, as long as it is suitable for worshiping God (not like Herod's temple, which was a temple built by men). There is already a spiritual Temple though, so God would probably teach you why not. But moving on...

Matthew 24
Quote:
Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

Keep in mind this last bit. So look, the Jews are all fixated on the temple. Like, "Oh noes! You say it'll fall?" And Jesus is like "Yeah, so what? There's gonna be wars, you'll likely have to explain yourself to a secular world, and there might even be signs in heave. But God is gonna build his own Temple through me." And the followers and people hearing are like, " .....I didn't understand that last part. "

The sequence in his prediction is all messed up (there was darkness at his crucifixion, the disciples got handed over, and the temple fell nearly 40 years later (abomination of desolation). But the time sequence doesn't matter. Nor does the temple. You can tell he's practically yawning while his followers are freaked out that the temple will fall.

Now, when Matthew has the death of Jesus, it is a big event filled with signs and wonders. But John keeps it low key. These are linked passages. Matthew, Mark, and Luke all have signs and wonders after predicting the fall of the temple. But Jesus simply says he'll build it in three days in John, and John despite being the most theological, has no great wonders for Jesus's death.

John's crucifixion
Quote:
28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

31 Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jewish leaders did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32 The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33 But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35 The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36 These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: “Not one of his bones will be broken,” 37 and, as another scripture says, “They will look on the one they have pierced.”

That's it, just to mention a miracle of blood and water, and that he was dead before they could break his legs.

Matthew has this instead
Quote:
45 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. 46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”

48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. 49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”

50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”

Darkness over the land, earthquakes, the dead rising, and the temple curtain severing from the top. This curtain btw, took 300 priests to move it (very very heavy amount of fabric), and it rips from the very top.

This is directly linked to his discussion Jesus has abour signs in heaven and earth in Matthew/Mark/Luke, and the lack thereof in John. I've checked. So what are we to make of this?

Daniel 2
Quote:
44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Daniel intreprets this as starting with his kingdom but I think we're further along than that. In fact, I think we're living in God's kingdom, but it has been paved over by selfish humans.

Jesus has built the last Temple, but it's not visible to your eyes. It is the spiritual Temple described in Ezekiel (which I also tore out, as I thought the images were too much like Revelation).
https://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/third-temple-physical-spiritual.htm
You should check with an optometrist.