Are We Now on the Way Out of Afghanistan Whether We Want to or NOT?

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:12 pm
We seem to have lost Pakistan, as a result of a lot of reasons not least is that they now see more value in being China's ally than ours, and we lose the other major supply route of an airbase in one of the Stan's in about a year.....seeing has we seem to have no way in and out of the combat theater, are we done?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,574 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
1. Why would you NOT want to be?
2. And it might happen a lot sooner now that a whole bunch of Pakistanis were killed yesterday. With allies like NATO why wouldn't they search out alternatives...
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:17 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

1. Why would you NOT want to be?
2. And it might happen a lot sooner now that a whole bunch of Pakistanis were killed yesterday. With allies like NATO why wouldn't they search out alternatives...

And Pakistan shut down the supply route, not for the first time either. "1" is not a question that I am concerned with, the focus of my questioning is to evaluate how much people would be bothered by America being FORCED out of Afghanistan, in a way that does not allow us to declare victory to save face. Are we bothered that the American Government lead by Obama can not get this job done, either putting in place a competent government that is on our side nor as it now appears continuing combat operations?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:21 pm
Puhlease... Afghanistan, pakistan et al have been at war for milleniums. The US, NATO and whatever else is not going to solve this "problem". The supply line is oil and why should your government not be shut out. It's not theirs...
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:32 pm
@Ceili,
Again, I am not interested in right or wrong here, only how people would feel if this comes to pass.

I understand your vote. Thank you for playing.
0 Replies