Hispanics back the Illinois senator by 57 percent to 33 percent?

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 02:35 am

Does it mean 57 percent Hispanics back Obama (the Illinois senator ) and 33 percent Hispanics back McCain?

Also, "4 percent" refers to "4% blacks suppor McCain?"

Context:

Seven in 10 blacks expect Barack Obama, the first African American to be nominated for president by a major party, to defeat Senator John McCain in the Nov 4 election, the poll found.

Among registered voters, blacks support Democratic presidential nominee Obama by 92 percent to 4 percent. Hispanics back the Illinois senator by 57 percent to 33 percent.

More:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/language_tips/news/2008-09/24/content_7056073.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 403 • Replies: 2
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:33 am
Presumably. Since the figures don't total 100%, the rest were either undecided at that point (most likely) or supporting some other candidate (a third party candidate they might have supported would most likely have been the Libertarian candidate).
oristarA

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 04:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Presumably. Since the figures don't total 100%, the rest were either undecided at that point (most likely) or supporting some other candidate (a third party candidate they might have supported would most likely have been the Libertarian candidate).

Thank you.

But the rest of the percentage was not my concern. What I wanted to be certain is as the title of the thread suggested, and your reply was a yes?
0 Replies