I have itchy ears!

Chumly

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:34 pm
I guess I will have to see my doc about this, I'm not sure what's causing it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 5,089 • Replies: 18
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:42 pm
@Chumly,
I remember that as part of allergy, but of course you could have spiders in your ears..
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:44 pm
Mites? I do not like mites. Are mites in the spider family?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:50 pm
@Chumly,
Kidding about spiders. I do have vague memories of my early allergy involving itchy ears.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 11:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, myself and my coworkers were subject to rat mites in a university outbuilding. But.. they attacked our stomachs.. how I don't know, above the waistbands. Anyway, we had to leave while the place was fumigated. That was a bad week.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:26 am
@Chumly,
Hi there, Chumly.

So good to see you posting here again! Smile
You've been missed.

As to the itchy ear ..... sometimes it means that people are talking about you. Or so the myth goes ..... especially if your "ears are burning".

I hope that's right in your case & that it's not something more serious.

0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 01:55 am
Thank you-all for the kind words, I have found that a small amount of jojoba oil seems to help.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 08:05 am
It can also mean cancer. Be sure to see a doc.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 09:04 am
Itching where? on the outside lobes? in the ear canal?

What may be "itching" could really be a result of high blood pressure giving you that sensation. Movement of the small hairs inside the canal also can give that sensation. Wax buildup is another cause.

A Dr. needs to look inside the ear, or give you some cream if it's on the ear lobes.

Cancer? Hardly. Mites or bugs? Nah. Allergy or Stress? Could be.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 09:14 am
@PUNKEY,
The cancer in my ears began with itching.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:12 pm
I've never heard of itchy ears being a preliminary sign of cancer, I do hope all is well because I appreciate your posts!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:21 pm
@Chumly,
I don't want to turn this into a discussion of ear cancer, when likely you don't have any. But, just a quick google shows the possibility.

BBC - Health: Ear healthwww.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/ears1.shtmlCached - Similar - Add to iGoogle
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
BBC Ear health A guide to the causes, symptoms and treatment of common Ear ... Waxy ears; Itchy ears; Piercing; Sunburn ... Skin cancer affects ears, too. ...
Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:21 pm
@PUNKEY,
The itching is in the ear canal, more in the left ear. My ears are very clean; no wax buildup. I'm speculating that they tend to get too dry, as a tiny mount of jojoba oil makes a difference. I've read that olive oil is often used similarly.
Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Right, I read through some of that stuff and it seems "Most common ear problems are not caused by disease but by people placing all sorts of things in them and risking damage."
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2011 03:53 pm
@Chumly,
I started my twenties with mixed rhinitis - both vasomotor and allergic, and, as I said, among the early symptoms were itchy ears once in a while.
This is likely not what you have, but it can and does affect the ears that way, though this link doesn't explain it -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinitis
Chumly

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:39 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks, I'll look into it and we'll see what my doc has to say!
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:54 am
@Chumly,
Quote:
I'm speculating that they tend to get too dry, as a tiny mount of jojoba oil makes a difference. I've read that olive oil is often used similarly.

i use a couple of drops of olive oil when my ears itch , and it stops the itching quickly .
of course , it wouldn't hurt to ask the doc to look into your ears next time you have an appointment .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:55 am
@Chumly,
Itchy palms means you are going to come into some money.

Maybe itchy ears means you are going to get an ipod.
0 Replies

Kimaya

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 02:13 am
@Chumly,
Are you having some hairs on ears its might be the reason of itching.
0 Replies