MMarciano

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 07:50 pm
He didn't do any Christmas shopping, he went to the shoe store! He's a shoe queen! there are shoes everywhere in this house probably in the garage too!
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 08:23 pm
@MMarciano,
I bet he'd love it if you and Antonio were to create a shoe tree and decorate it with his shoes for the holidays.

Of course, there are several versions of a shoe tree so make sure you choose the right one. Laughing

http://www.catay.com/uploaded_images/IMG_4229-735647.JPG

http://www.roadtripamerica.com/roadside/athena-shoe-tree01.jpg

http://dyn-images2.hsni.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/pd300/household-essentials-4-tier-revolving-shoe-tree-satin-nickel~5380468w.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ie3lFOrr-OE/TQP3akuhweI/AAAAAAAAB38/ly1m6AHEIt8/s320/BarbieShoeTree2010.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 08:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Oh there is this resturant in St. Pete called The Queens Head, they don’t have a liquor license, just for beer and wine, so during the holidays they make a soki eggnog, it’s nasty!
jcboy

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 06:18 pm
@jcboy,
It's beginning to cost alot like Christmas. Yikes!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 06:46 pm
@jcboy,
Have you planned anything for Channukah? gotta have that nice festival of lights

(more prezzies too! friends of mine always have the Channukah coffee table to compete with the Christmas tree)
jcboy

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 06:54 pm
@ehBeth,
I honestly haven’t celebrated it since I lost my parents. I have been slowly drifting away over the last several years. Perhaps that will change.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 06:57 pm
@jcboy,
I love this time of year - can celebrate Diwali and Christmas and Channukah one after the other (always a different order though!). I go through a lot of candles at the end of the year Very Happy

There are some great kid's books about all the different festivals in the world's religions. Some are as nice for adults as they are for the kids.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 09:07 pm
@ehBeth,
I’d be more then happy to experience going to a synagogue with Morgan sometime. He will come around soon enough. He claims he doesn’t follow his faith but I’m not so sure about that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 11:17 am
@jcboy,
I only started celebrating Hanukkah when sozlet was about that age (five or so, maybe earlier?)

My dad's Jewish (but secular), he celebrated Hanukkah when he was a kid but stopped when he moved away from home. I learned about Hanukkah from my grandma (his mom).

My husband's had a menorah for a long time, we finally got candles and a dreidel when sozlet was little, she loves both. I think five is about prime time for playing dreidel (I find it deadly boring mostly, sozlet still likes it for now).
jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 08:58 pm
@sozobe,
Thank you Soz!

My good friend Tom emailed this to me today!

To those who know me: I have friends from all walks of life. Muslim, Christian, Pagan, Jewish, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Taoist, and so on and so on. I don't care what religion you are. If you wish me a Merry Christmas, I will wish you one right back, heartfelt and true. If you wish me a Blessed Yule, I will say it right back and mean it. I refuse to get upset over HOW you wish me a happy season. The fact that you took the time to wish me joy is all that matters to me. Love and joy and laughter and companionship and friendship is what's important. Love one another as you would love yourself. Do as you will, but harm none.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 01:02 pm
@jcboy,
What does "jc" stand for ?

David
jcboy

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 01:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My parents were James and Catherine Smile
ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 01:34 pm
@jcboy,
You are simply too sweet sometimes.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 01:45 pm
@jcboy,
I see.

David
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 01:53 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm just a sweet kind of guy Wink Razz
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 03:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Sweet? thanks for the laugh Mr. Green
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 03:44 pm
@ehBeth,
I find that very dear too.

Hmm. I'd be JGgirl.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I find that very dear too.

Hmm. I'd be JGgirl.
Remember Jesusgirl???

David
izzythepush

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 05:19 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
To those who know me: I have friends from all walks of life. Muslim, Christian, Pagan, Jewish, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Taoist, and so on and so on.

We're very similar, I have enemies 'from all walks of life,Muslim, Christian, Pagan, Jewish, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddhist, Taoist, and so on and so on.' And every Christmas I fiendishly plot their downfall.
jcboy

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 12:15 pm
@izzythepush,
I changed my mind, I’ve decided to decorate a little more today. Found this giant bulbs and putting them in the tree in the front yard. Then I will put up some white lights. Razz

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4273/bulbsw.jpg