Has Hillary's Time Come?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 05:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Congratulations, David, on having come up with some exciting ad brand-new definitions of words which the rest of us, apparently, have been misusing for years and years.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 05:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Congratulations, David, on having come up with some exciting ad brand-new definitions of words which the rest of us,
apparently, have been misusing for years and years.
I cannot accept plagiaristic credit
for terminology that has been employed by philosophers, lawyers n judges for centuries or millenia.

Taking a loose vu of a contract is a liberal interpretation thereof.

The same applies to interpretations of forms of art,
or of dress, or of any body of rules; the list is endless.

David
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 01:45 am
@Phoenix32890,
Obama won't step aside, he has no reason to step aside.

I supported Hillary over Obama, and I'd still like to see her as President, but she's not going to get the nomination next year, and she'll likely be too old in 2016 to want the job.

But, putting Hillary on the ticket with Obama, instead of Biden, is a real possibility, and it would help Obama's chances of being re-elected.
http://prospect.org/article/case-clinton-biden-switch

I'd be very happy to vote for an Obama/Clinton ticket next year--it would make me feel much better about voting for him.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 02:22 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
Obama won't step aside, he has no reason to step aside.

I supported Hillary over Obama, and I'd still like to see her as President,
but she's not going to get the nomination next year, and she'll likely be too old in 2016 to want the job.
She allegedly no longer wants the job.
Obviously, that can change.

David
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 08:02 am
@JPB,
When did I say that McCain would have the country in a better place had he won?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I was being facetious David. I find it works quite well when responding to Rabel.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
OK, Find; excelsior!

David
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:33 am
@Phoenix32890,
What you said was,

Quote:
I think that if Obama did not get the nomination in 2008, and Hillary did, the country would be in a lot better state than it is now

There are two possible outcomes of that scenario. That Hillary/? would now be President/VP of the US or that McCain/Palin would hold those positions. The first outcome is Highly Unlikely. If you look at the electoral map of the 2008 election then Hillary would have had to carry SC, VA, OH, PA, and FL and/or a number of other states that went to Obama that I don't believe she could have carried.
http://www.mycopper.net/files/Rambling-Rose/Final2008USPresidentialElectionMap.jpg
The likelihood of Hillary beating McCain is close to zero, imo. Even if she was successful the TPers and indies would have hated her as much, if not more, as they hate Obama and the results of the 2010 midterms would have been the same. That leaves us with a McCain/Palin victory to contemplate. I can't imagine how they would have handled the economy any better than the Obama WH has. What I'm not too sure about is how a Mc/P victory would have impacted the 2010 midterms. Would we now have a Repub in the WH working with a Repub House/Dem Senate or would the Dems have held the House? hmmmmm..... I'm thinking it would probably have swung to the Republicans either way, but I'm not too sure about that.
0 Replies