First Love

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:16 am
My first love contacted me a couple of months ago and we talked about getting together. It had been at least 6 years since I had heard from him at that point, I mean we were friends on Facebook but we never talked. After he contacted me we talked for a few weeks (never saw eachother) and then all of sudden he disappeared and would not answer my texts, emails, or anything else. He finally told me he couldn’t talk to me anymore and it upset me and I sent a few more emails telling him how badly I was hurt by him treating me this way but then I let it go and just went back to the way it was before the contact. Well Friday he called me after 11pm just to tell me he had emailed me, the email had been sent about an hour and a half before the call and all the email said was why he had stopped talking to me. We are both married and apparently his wife had found out about our communication and told him not to talk to me anymore, which is what I figured in the beginning and why I finally just dropped it. Why would he call and email me so suddenly to tell me that? Why would he call at all, I would have seen the email eventually? I just do not understand why he would bring this back up after I had finally let it go and stopped contacting him. I emailed him back and I have not gotten a response, honestly I doubt I will and I sent him a request for a game of words with friends and he declined. I am so confused!!! Please Help!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,408 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2011 10:55 am
@JDLewis09,
Let it go! You're both married and obviously his wife doesn't trust him enough to have contact with you. My guess is that there is some sort of problem between him and his wife and that's why he contacted you in the first place, probably trying to re-enact what you once had together, you know have a little harmless excitement again in his life.

Now that she found out, he doesn't want to jeopardize his marriage or upset his wife which is understandable. As I said, let it go and move on! It would be better to unfriend him at facebook too!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:12 am
@JDLewis09,
I agree with CJ. You are both married and while it is ok to have friends of the opposite sex, if a friendship makes a spouse uncomfortable, then it needs to be dialed back. His wife is uncomfortable with his constant contact with you and so he is dialing it back.

Maybe he called because he felt he owed you more of an explanation than simply an email. In any case, let it go. I don't think you necessarily should unfriend him on FB, but if you think you would be too tempted to continually attempt to contact him, then that might be best.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 07:21 am
Help with what?

Give you permission to pursue another woman's man by cyber-flirting?

Sorry, no can do.

Back away from this one . . . you know the stove's hot.

0 Replies