Please edit the short short story

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 09:31 am
Weekly World News (United States) published a photo on February 8, 1994, which, taken by Hubble Space Telescope on December 26, 1993, showed a bunch of splendid cities in boundless night skies - the long-sought "Heaven World." It is said that the published photo was only a few hundredths of a percent of a big photo. Researcher Marcia Masson, PhD, said, citing NASA's experts:"As far as we know, humans can not exist in cold outer space without air." The God believer went on, commenting that "what we've found is the place in which God lives."

http://djyimg.com/i6/1111162024091497.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,008 • Replies: 5
No top replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 02:06 am
@oristarA,
"The person" who discovered this place...Believes that this is "Heaven"
oristarA

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 02:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

"The person" who discovered this place...Believes that this is "Heaven"

Thanks.

Does the story (language) sound natural to you?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 02:59 am
@oristarA,
I am not so sure...I do believe in God and Heaven as you can see by my picture...But Jesus said that Heaven, or his kingdom is not of this world...And the way to find him is through faith...So I would doubt that anyone would be able to ever prove it exists....in this life...

I have studied other theologies...But I can't recall any that say you can actually physically find these realms...Or not without some sort of higher consciousness...And then you mostly only see visions or some sort of revelation...And never actually see everything there is too see anyways...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 03:17 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
Thanks.

Does the story (language) sound natural to you?

The story sounds grammatically correct...The story does not sound believable from a religious standpoint...But it also "could be"....

I think trying to prove the existence of God(s) and Heaven are not really relevant in whether it is grammatically correct...Or not...Because it is more about beliefs and opinions....That can not be proven unless someone was to experience it, and have evidence to show others...Not really anything to do with what is a universal fact...Or proper way to say something...But more of an opinion, about a topic...The grammar, is correct...but it is an opinion...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 02:21 pm
@oristarA,
I will try to make it even more clear...When it comes to beliefs or rejections of beliefs...It is all a personal view as to whether it is true or not...Or has validity, by your own subjective thoughts about what others say, or what you believe or do not believe...

Example: I can say that God is great, because I think God is...And many would agree, many would not understand how I know that, or question my statement(s)...And many would simply disagree....

Because beliefs are all subjective...though some would agree, question that statement, or disagree as well...

It is up to you to decide how you feel about those statements...and whether or not you think it is true...

As far as the way it is grammatically written...It is a grammatically correctly written piece...Meaning the punctuation, And wording and such is correct...And sounds grammatically written correctly...

The only thing that sounds a bit out of place is the person writing the story saying "the God believer went on"

Rather than just saying something like, The person who found the video believes in God, and claims it is Heaven...
0 Replies