Kerry receives most important (to me) endorsement there is.

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:18 am
Mine. Cool

I've not paid as much attention to Kerry as I should have been. But soley on the basis of electability I endorse Kerry now.

Till now I'd been undecided. But I'm ready to pick my favorite. And it's Kerry.

I'm still an ABB but I hope this is the alternative the Dems put forth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,309 • Replies: 46
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:36 am
What is an ABB?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:45 am
Anyone But Bush. But I'm really an AABB.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:50 am
ATMS.

Good.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:55 am
AABB, ATMS, let the rest of us in on the secret?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 02:10 am
I suggest "Almost Anyone But Bush"

And, I was just funning with Craven's alphabet soup - mine was supposed to be very mysterious - "Ah, That Makes Sense" - but you made me ruin it!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 07:38 am
Now we're talking :-D You go Craven ;-)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 07:56 am
Re: Kerry receives most important (to me) endorsement there
Craven de Kere wrote:
But soley on the basis of electability I endorse Kerry now.

Was an opinion piece on All Things Considered late last week that was addressing the tendancy of Dem's to choose on basis of electability. Said that it makes them (you, Crav') amatur pundits.

The speaker's conclusion is that one should make up one's mind, not on who you think others would like, but on who you like. Not who might get elected, but who might do the bast possible job when elected.

Mind you, I like Kerry. I've got one on you Crav... I've already voted for him. On the other hand... Kerry in the White House puts one more Republican in the Senate.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 08:01 am
The one I'd most like is me. Of the ones available Kerry is the one I most want.

Whoever said that was a Republican trying to help Bush get elected. :-)

This year's a "counter-vote" year. If it weren't for Bush I'd not even vote. Electability is the key to a tough "counter-vote".
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 08:18 am
If you were running Craven, you'd get my vote.

I never voted when I was in the states and I truly wish I could do it this year. I feel so helpless :-(
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:51 am
Kerry, a perrenial candidate, failed to excite the electorate in years past. Here's hoping he's not a sacrificial candidate, a Bob Dole, if you will.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:04 am
I'm almost there. I'm still watching and waiting at this point, but my default mode seems to be of support for Kerry -- when I read something bad about him, I get mad, when I read something good about him, I get happy. (As opposed to Dean, for example, where when I read something bad about him, I say, "See!", and when I read something good about him, I say, "Hmmm...")
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:10 am
We feel comfortable with Kerry because he's been there a long time. I just wonder how many people are going to say, "I could have voted for him already, but didn't; why change that now?"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:18 am
I haven't been comfortable with Kerry. He hasn't been on my radar. He is now, for the first time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:34 am
By the time the primaries hit Texas, I will vote for tha candidate that speaks to me. I honestly ain't sure who it will be. Kerry is beginning to seem like the party choice, but I hope it's not all over yet.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:04 pm
It's far fom over, eb. Kerry plays well in the midwest and maybe the northeast, but nobody knows how he will play in the south. Edwards may have the edge there. Don't touch that dial, the game's just begun.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:14 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
The one I'd most like is me. Of the ones available Kerry is the one I most want.

Whoever said that was a Republican trying to help Bush get elected. :-)

1.) You want the job? You're worse off than I thought you are...

2.) Whoever said that said as much as ABB...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:45 pm
Well...I have decided that electability is key to everything his year.

Now...I gotta decide who is electable.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 04:03 pm
SealPoet wrote:

1.) You want the job? You're worse off than I thought you are...

Well, I'd like to have a bed to sleep in. With that salary I could.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 05:02 pm
Swimpy wrote:
It's far fom over, eb. Kerry plays well in the midwest and maybe the northeast, but nobody knows how he will play in the south. Edwards may have the edge there. Don't touch that dial, the game's just begun.

A fair assessment, Swimp.

I have always preferred Clark, but there are times when the rough-and-tumble political world seems to leave him guessing.

Someone else said that generals are used to answering a question once, and politicians have to get used to answering the same question over and over and over again.

Clark is plenty electable, and comes across as a bright, thoughtful, caring, and generally wonderful fellow, but I would like to see him now take out his stiletto and use it against an opponent.

Just once, so that I know he can.

For this reason (and others, IMHO) John Kerry has surged to the lead; he mixes the right amount of caring and compassion with an I'll-rip-your-lungs-out-if-I-have-to intensity (which I believe was Dean's main appeal all along).

John Edwards has the same yin/yang personality (and uses it even more deftly than does John Kerry; Edwards cuts people to ribbons, smiles while he does it, and everyone -- including the ripee -- loves him. He must have been quite a trial lawyer.)

Those four are all electable, in my view, and some two-man combination of combat veteran/Southernor/compassionate tough guy will emerge.

And just wipe the floor with Bush and Cheney.
0 Replies