Cat seizures

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 04:02 am
My cat had a seizure saturday mornin, i took him to the vet, he sed he may have eathen something, i went home noticed some meat and bones ware missing that i throw away in the garbage. Doctor sed to waith out some days so he can digest it. He done his 'things', acts normal. Didnt have any seizures for 3 days but he did have saliva drooling once every 4 h. Then after 3 days he had another seizure. I called my doctor told him he is geting worst, and he told me he has no clue. I took him to a new vet that day, he took some blood tests. This morning we got the results. aparantly his blood test say he is ok, yet now he has seizures 4 times / day. My doctor told me to go home and waith for some weeks lets see if he's gonna live. I called another vet he gave me epilepsy pills and pills for his liver, but he sed he doesnt think ill work. Ive visited 4 vets till now no one could help me, and it past a week since he started them
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,181 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 06:01 am
@Sinziana,
Hope these may be helpful

http://manhattancats.com/Articles/seizures.html

http://yourcatcareguide.com/wordpress/?p=145
victoriags

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 06:05 pm
@Sinziana,
If a cat swallows a bone-or any other sharp object- the cat most likely will have a seizure. The bones will splinter in her throat, causing her to be in pain. If bad meat was eaten, there are some different kinds of food/spices that are very poisonous if not fatal to a cat. The drooling is most likely a result of the cat trying to throw up the bone- she can't however- because it may very well be lodged in her throat. my opinion is to have some kind of surgery to somehow remove it out of her throat.

I hope this helped!
0 Replies

space007

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:14 am
@dlowan,
Really learn more, good share.
0 Replies