passive aggress younger sister

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 01:36 pm
looking for ways to communicate effectively with passive aggressive younger sister- especially with holidays approaching. Thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 811 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Mame

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 02:37 pm
@De Borah,
Stop caring what she says, thinks, or does. As our Noddy would say, "Hold your dominion". She can only affect you if you let her. See her as the immature person she is and treat her accordingly.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 02:48 pm
@De Borah,
Your sister in her eyes will always be right, always have little emotions to share and always try to put people down, make them feel vulnerable.

Be assertive, make it clear how you feel, she'll argue the point but tell her you don't agree if you don't and walk away, don't allow her to control the situations.

On the same accord, communicate with her about "happy things" you never know, she may not show all of her colours and you may enjoy the time together if on a more light happier note.

Also I located this thread which may help as well..

http://able2know.org/topic/140331-1
Mame

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:00 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I don't know, there was a lot brouhaha in that thread!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:02 pm
@Mame,
lols ...But, if there is one good reply that helps? Then it was worth reading:) I noted some good posters still posting now on it...
Mame

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 03:54 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Here's a good reply Smile

Next time she tries that **** on you, give her a good back hand across the face.

Only kidding, but surely sometimes we want to!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:08 am
@Mame,
Been there:)

I feel for people that have any disorder, in as much as get your shirt together and work at getting better, do something, don't hurt others in your Journey but it's not that simple...

For me it's like this...Accept people for who they are, however, if it doesn't fit in with who you are? Then do your best to keep away....Regardless of who they are, you don't want to be bought down or stuck with constant negativety at the end of the day, someone else will step into your shoes.....

0 Replies