Animated, giddy Perry draws "drunk" descriptions

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 11:58 am
October 31, 2011
Animated, giddy Perry draws "drunk" descriptions
Politex

A spirited and giggling Gov. Rick Perry showed up to deliver a speech in Manchester, New Hampshire Friday and the video has quickly gone viral.

The speech, which lasted approximately 23 minutes, features Perry speaking giddily about the New Hampshire slogan, "Live Free or Die," and his tax plan while at times rambling and appearing to stifle giggles. When a host of the event gave Perry some New Hampshire maple syrup, calling it "liquid gold," Perry could no longer contain his amusement.

An edited version that's 8 minutes and 23 seconds long and focuses on some of the speech's odder moments has been viewed over 150,000 times in less than a day.

Based on different videos of the speech online, the audience appeared to eat up Perry's one-liners. Perry drew repeated laughs as he cracked far more jokes than he's traditionally delivered in stump speeches in the past. At the end of the speech, the audience gave him a standing ovation.

While some are questioning whether Perry was drunk or drugged during the performance, others are more focused on the political ramifications, with the speech drawing comparisons to Howard Dean's infamous "scream."

In response to the speech, Perry spokesman Mark Miner told the Huffington Post, "The Governor is passionate about the issues he talks about."

Here's the edited version of the video drawing the most attention:

To view the entire speech, click here.
http://blogs.star-telegram.com/politex/2011/10/animated-giddy-perry-draws-drunk-descriptions.html

Read more: http://blogs.star-telegram.com/politex/2011/10/animated-giddy-perry-draws-drunk-descriptions.html#ixzz1cNp0xG37

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 01:21 pm
A perfect example of Democrat dirty pool.

Throw out the suggestion that Perry was "drunk" and hope it sticks.

It's clear he wasn't intoxicated.

He was enjoying himself in front of an audience that clearly was enjoying him.

What a pathetic attempt to land blows below the belt.

Is this what we can expect for the next 12 months?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 01:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

no comment on the reference to the Howard Dean "scream"?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 01:41 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

no comment on the reference to the Howard Dean "scream"?

Not really, but since you've pointed it out, there is nothing in this video that comes even close to the Howard Dean scream moment. I'm sure Democrats are hoping it will have the same effect on Perry's campaign though.

I hope the guy eventually withdraws because I'm doubtful of whether he can beat Obama, but he sure as hell shouldn't withdraw because of this nonsense.

I can't believe any fair minded person can't see through this.

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 01:49 pm
More of our presidential candidates should be drunk. That would certainly make debates far more interesting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:10 pm
Stick a fork in 'im. I think he's done.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Those Texans have the ability to return from the dead. Considering the average intellectual level of U.S. voters I wouldent bet on him being dead.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
A perfect example of Democrat dirty pool.

Sorry but the likelihood is this is an example of the GOP eating it own.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 03:08 pm
@BillRM,
I would bet a $1000's if the tables were turned around Finn and his Republican zombies would be screaming this to through ever media outlet that would bother to listen. AKA the conservative media.

EX.:
Proven schizophrenic homeless man makes a statement that Obama is a baby eating alien whose only purpose is to commit genocide on on mankind by making them drink black hole coffee brewed with yak piss.

The delusional Republican zombies would run with it as if it was the greatest truth even greater then the bible they claim to allegedly swear by. And the thing is they're so pathetic and intellectually broken, they'd believe this schizophrenic man simply because he has something bad to say about Obama.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 03:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
And if and when it happens, you can bitch about it. In the meantime do you think Perry was smeared?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2011 09:04 am
Looks to me like Perry was suffering from an excess of "good ol' boy," not alcohol. He was in front of a very friendly crowd, and that made him as giddy as a little school girl. After a series of brutal debates, that's understandable. I did not, however, view the entire video, so maybe I missed the part where he drunk-dialed Laura Bush. Of course, after eight years of Bush junior, it's just possible the American people are thoroughly sick of good ol' boys in the White House.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 07:58 am
Perry might of have smeared, the video was edited to show the giddiest moments of the speech. However, he was giddy and somewhat weird.
Quote:

If Romney was loose during his town hall meeting, Perry -- later in the night at an event across town -- was so jocular that he drew attention to himself. Speaking at a dinner for a few hundred Republican officials and conservative activists, Perry was more expressive than at any other time on the campaign trail, punctuating his remarks with a series of goofy grins, jokes and outsized physical expressions.

"We spend a half a trillion dollars a year in tax preparation. I mean, any accountant or tax lawyer out there, I'm sorry dude, but that's too much money," Perry said.

Perry sought to hail his tax reform plan but had trouble fishing a postcard out of his pocket that he says represents the totality of a tax return under his plan. He tried once to take it out and couldn't, changing direction midstream in his comments. Then he tried a second time.

"The ones that want to stay in the old system, pay lawyers, pay the accountants, all that moneys' gone, or," he said with a long pause as he struggled to retrieve the postcard before holding it up and shouting, "That!"

"It's pretty easy math. Subtract it and send it in. It's awesome," Perry said, lowering his voice and grinning. The crowd reacted with a mixture of enthusiasm and bemusement.

"It was different," Manchester Mayor Ted Gatsas said of Perry's delivery

source
0 Replies