learning about Ancient History

north

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2011 07:24 pm

so tell me , are any of you in favour of learning , as being part of the curriculum of HS , from Sumer to Eygptian times , in OUR Human history
north

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2011 09:10 pm
@north,
north wrote:

so tell me , are any of you in favour of learning , as being part of the curriculum of HS , from Sumer to Eygptian times , in OUR Human history

really

this something we have to think about ? please...

understanding of the Sumer is the begining of recorded history as us being a civilisation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2011 03:00 am
Are you some kind of christian fanatic? Is there any particular reason you're fixated on the middle east? The Indus River valley doesn't count as a locale for human civilization? China doesn't count as a locale for human civilization?

How do you define civilization? If there isn't a surviving record that you can read, the people weren't civilized? You have a seriously narrow view of history, civilization and humanity.
north

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 01:45 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Are you some kind of christian fanatic?

NO

Quote:
Is there any particular reason you're fixated on the middle east?

thats where the understanding of religion really begins

from Sumer to Egyptian

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 01:52 pm
@north,
So you are some kind of religious fanatic, or so it would appear with that rediculous assertion that "the understanding of religion really begins" in the middle east. I suggest to you that you believe claptrap like that because you're a product of Judeo-christian brainwashing.
north

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 02:01 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

So you are some kind of religious fanatic, or so it would appear with that rediculous assertion that "the understanding of religion really begins" in the middle east. I suggest to you that you believe claptrap like that because you're a product of Judeo-christian brainwashing.

religion comes from the middle East

at least as far as judeism , christianity and the muslim

the BC history back to Iraq , 5000 to 6000 yrs ago

Sumer to Egyptian history is imporant to understand and to made more widely known

amoungst us all , on this planet

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 02:14 pm
@north,
Well, there's no doubt in my mind that you're fixated on the Judeo-christian tradition, which in my mind makes you delusional. Have a nice life.
north

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 02:23 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Well, there's no doubt in my mind that you're fixated on the Judeo-christian tradition, which in my mind makes you delusional. Have a nice life.

likewise, have a nice life

then to my mind , in your mind , your wrong

this is about the whole of the planet and the people in it

0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 11:47 am

Learning about from Sumer to Eygptian , History is important

it is important because thats where all of the major religions came from ( Buddism excluded since I don't find Buddism a " religion " persay ) its different from all other religions

I don't have a religion , but I do believe in Humanity

call this a religion if you will , but it is based on Humanity , not of any type of god

we must learn what happened to us at this point in our history, Human history , BC , specially from Sumer to the begining and end of Eygptian

here we can get more intouch withourselves
0 Replies