What is your Christian response to this?

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 05:36 pm
What is your Christian response to this? Is it to walk on by or what is it that you would do?

What really happened when the war veteran received brain damage from the police!

Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
This is the protestors getting their story straight. Making sure they all tell the same story.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Is this how most Christian protesters get their story straight?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Don't laugh. I think Baldimo was there.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Nope I'm in a different part of the country. We are dealing with our own Occupy people here. Don't need any more. Plus I'm not a Christian so I wouldn't know how Christians should respond.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 06:40 pm
@Baldimo,
Yeah, you seem more like a lion type.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 08:50 pm
Do these words of Jesus resonate with other Christians?

I feel that a great idea has gotten so distorted because of beliefs and these different beliefs have divided the church to the point of it being the most divided group among "groups of people.
Why cant people just have different understandings and still be the least among you?

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 10:23 pm
Seriously, Reason... How many times are you going to upload this video?
Secondly, WTF does any of this have to do with religion? I haven't heard anyone, aside from you, obsess about religion or christianity. I've seen videos of all kinds people from different religions, atheists, cultures, ages and backgrounds at these protests? Nothing at these rallies suggests a hint of religion, not even in the slightest.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 10:33 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
WTF does any of this have to do with religion?

I think you have a very good question! My answer would be that everything that is happening right now shows you how far we have gotten off course with our morality.

It seems to reflect our ethical radius and how restrained it has become!
Ceili

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 12:06 am
@reasoning logic,
Religious people or religions do not have a strangle hold on morals or ethics. Again, this has nothing to do with religion, or more specifically christianity.
Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 03:19 am
Step right up, Christians, the nice man would like to jerk your collective chain. Be charitable now, help him out.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 05:50 am
@Ceili,
I disagree Ceili. Religious people DO have a strangle hold on morals and ethics. That's precisely the problem.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:34 am
@maxdancona,
Although I agree with Ceili that this is not a religious issue, I really like your last comment, and I concur generally. There are of course exceptions. there are people who actually live their lives, as best as anyone can, by the simple guidelines of Christ. Those few and far between people actually, IMO, do have almost an other worldy glow about them. There are of course, people of all faiths or even those who profess a lack of faith, who have that same quality, because the message of Christ is universal. It doesn't matter who the messenger was, the message in it's raw form, un-perverted by organized religion is the best guideline for how to live your life. Unfortunately few of us make the real effort. In addition we have a habit of shunning at best and assassinating at worst, those who do.

That's my Christian perspective, as someone who believes in the message of Christ if not the added fiddle faddle of the Christian Church.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
What is your Christian response to this?

Marching and demonstrating for Bork Obunga and George Soros isn't the first thing I'd try if I wanted to become a martyr....
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 07:54 am
@gungasnake,
learn to spell or go to the coat closet with the other third graders
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:02 am
@Baldimo,
Dude, you need to watch Rashomon.
Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:06 am
@kuvasz,
Hehehehehehe . . .

That assumes that he'd get it . . .
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:40 pm
@kuvasz,
Your refering to the Rashomon effect. Same event but different perspectives as seen by people.

I agree with you that this is a perfect example of a Rashomon effect. Doesn't change the fact, that they have been asked to not block road ways or bridges, they have been told that permits have expired and its time to move on. When they fail to comply the police will get involved. If they want to continue to ignore the police then they will have to pay the piper. Don't blame the police for doing their jobs. Isn't the left making sure the police stay on the job with Obama's new "Jobs Plan"? Why give them money to do their jobs and then get pissed at them when they do?

If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.

@Set Your a douche.
Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:58 pm
@Baldimo,
If anyone would know that--from personal experience--it would be you. Had to run off and look that one up, didn't ya . . .
Baldimo

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 03:02 pm
@Setanta,
I won't lie, I did have to look it up.

Your still a douche.