ROGER Re plane crash into Farmington Police station

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 08:44 pm
Roger, I just heard that a Cessna with only the pilot on board crashed into the Farmington (N.M.) police station. This building is also a holding facility for prisoners. Have you heard anything further? Crash an accident or on purpose?

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 615 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:19 pm
I have to come here to get the local news. This is the first I heard of it. Well, the police station is close to the airport, but about 200' lower.

Geeze! If it were only the pilot on board, I wonder who hijacked it.

Thanks for passing this along.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 10:20 pm
hmmmm.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 09:17 am
Student pilots!

Okay, it wasn't a hijacking. It was a flight student for the commuter airline with the distinction of having the lowest paid pilots in the nation - which is in no way reflected in their rates.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 09:48 am
McG has news of another crash you folks might be interested in:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17949&highlight=
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 10:06 am
Roger
Roger, witnesses to the crash said it appeared the pilot was practicing landings and take-offs. My question is why a student is using a plane at 7:30 pm in January when it is pitch dark outside? Somebody's brains weren't engaged, including the student pilot and any training supervising airport personnel.

The pilot suffered severe head injuries. No word on whether anyone in the building was hurt. Prisoners were being transferred to another facility. There was no fire, but leaking fuel was creating a hazard. And a new roof will be required.

BBB
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 11:14 am
Why? I certainly hope they learn to land in the dark before they charge me another $163.00 to fly from Albuquerque to Farm Town. Really, they do have to practice at night and in instrument conditions before getting the commercial ticket. Trust me, though, the airport is some distance up a very steep hill from the police station.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 12:32 pm
So everything is roger, Roger.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 03:33 pm
So far as I've heard, yes, thank.

Don't know if you can tell, but I'm not especially fond of any part of Mesa airlines, including their flight training.
0 Replies