So am I b***ch at work?

Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:39 pm
I have a deadline end of day today. In order to effectively complete my work I need a person below me to complete their work. I had assumed this individual completed what they were supposed to do since it was due yesterday end of day so I began reviewing this particular filing.

Now I know that the initial person prepping the work isn't the brightest bulb in the world so I am spending more time and looking at things I do not normally look at - and to be honest there are lots of errors.

So I email the in between person and ask if they completed their portion - I get a response back saying no, I will have it done before I leave today. OK seeing I am supposed to complete this end of day - that puts me in a bad situation. And it was not communicated to me earlier this would be late.

So as a b--- I respond back - not sure how I am going to meet my deadline then. And yes, the deadline are fully documented and sent out waaaay ahead of time. And there is a drop dead deadline - for regulation purposes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 699 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:48 pm
@Linkat,
Sounds more like passive-aggressive to me rather than bitchy. "How am I going to complete my deadline then?" Not bitchy, but totally p-a. I would have gone to her yesterday and said I needed it by end of yesterday or by 9:00 this morning. But document anyway, keep your emails, whatever, because you'll likely get the blame. Who's her supervisor anyway?
Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:56 pm
@Mame,
Ah, he works in another area - some one at a level that you do not need or expect to babysit. The expectation is that they do the work when they are supposed to - and if they cannot meet the established deadline (which this is a normal processing not out of the ordinary) - they should notify you ahead of time.

As peers these sorts of items are discussed so if his direct manager is not a peer, but his indirect manager is and obviously I will speak to this.

The particular problem with this one - is as I said the preparer is not of high quality so it is going to take me even more time and quite likely a few goings back and forth. Thus causing greater delays.

Not really worried about me - because I have no problem informing of the delay and why - my record stands for itself.

Just makes everything else a pain in the a$$.

I did apoligse for being short though...
JPB

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 03:16 pm
@Linkat,
why did you apologize? Were you sorry?

I don't understand a drop dead deadline not being met. Who dies?
Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 03:20 pm
@JPB,
Well for being abrupt - not for missing the deadline.
0 Replies