The Dangers of Bath Salts

RexRed

Tue 25 Oct, 2011 12:14 pm
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/177185/314/Bath-salts-cause-risk-expense-for-hospital-staff

I personally have no desire whatsoever to try this but it seems young people are very susceptible to this danger. Please post any concerns or comments here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,107 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Tue 25 Oct, 2011 12:39 pm
@RexRed,
From uwire.com -
http://uwire.com/2011/02/04/bath-salts-used-as-hard-drugs/

A clip - see the link for all of the article

Bath salts used as hard drugs
Posted on04 February 2011.
By Ally Rogers
Kentucky Kernel, U. Kentucky via UWIRE
When average Americans thinks about bath salts, they probably think about the crystal- like substance their mother or grandmother bought at a body therapeutic store.
But when the Drug Enforcement Administration, police officers and poison control centers think about bath salts, it is entirely another substance.
The white powdery substance that is easy to come by is being used as a legal substitute for methamphetamine and cocaine, said Henry Spiller, the director of the Kentucky Regional Poison Center.
Comprised of methylenedioxypyrovalerone and mephedrone, which are analogues of other known stimulants that have been banned, the drug is being sold under names such as Ivory Snow and Vanilla Sky can be found in head shops and gas stations nationwide.
“This isn’t your mom’s bath salts we’re concerned about,” said Capt. Kevin Franklin from the UK Police Department. “This is some potent stuff.”
Users eat, smoke, snort or inject the drug. Side effects range from increased heart rate and blood pressure, vomiting and confusion to agitation, violent outbursts, hallucinations and suicidal thoughts, according to the Kentucky Regional Poison Center.
For $15 to $25, the high lasts for only a few minutes, while the addiction and cravings are reported to be highly intense, Spiller said.

osso -
This is coincidental to my beginning to be interested in regular old moisturizing bath salts for use in the bath, as I live in an exceedingly dry climate with aging skin. Clearly not the same thing.

I'm interested mildly in what people are using now to mess up their brains, at the same time I'm interested for myself in ordinary bath salts.

0 Replies

contrex

Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:14 am
Neither the article quoted, nor the starter of this thread make it very clear that "bath salts" in this context is a false name used for shipping declaration purposes. The (formerly) legal high drugs have nothing whatosever to do with regular bath salts.
RexRed

Wed 26 Oct, 2011 03:35 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Neither the article quoted, nor the starter of this thread make it very clear that "bath salts" in this context is a false name used for shipping declaration purposes. The (formerly) legal high drugs have nothing whatosever to do with regular bath salts.

Sorry I did not make the distinction clear which is very important. I am not that well versed on what these new bath salts are other than they are turning kids into zombies. I once wrote Calgon a letter asking them why I would want to put such noxious chemicals on my skin. But the bath salts in this discussion are not the kind of salts you soak in in the tub but powerful drug extracts that are poisoning people and being sold AS bath salts. Thus where they got their name.

They are NOT traditional bath salts but powerful drugs created by pushers and peddlers to make a buck off the pain and suffering of addicted teens and stupid adults. This is at best false advertisement! Why these were ever allowed to be sold in convenience stores and head shops is beyond apprehension. Where the hell is this government, that the middle class pays through the nose in taxes, to guard our youths... As if poppers are not bad enough, (no not the poppers made of mozzarella cheese) being sold as toilet bowl disinfectant cleaner. WTF!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyl_nitrite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designer_drug#Misleading_descriptions
Mame

Wed 26 Oct, 2011 04:34 pm
@RexRed,
Whew! For a moment there I thought they were going to ban bathing bath salts.
RexRed

Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:32 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Whew! For a moment there I thought they were going to ban bathing bath salts.
Be careful, bathing salts are no longer bathing salts... God only know what could happen if someone actually tried to bathe in this soup of designer drugs intended for consumption by low life junkies and uneducated children. Not err, for bathing...
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 20 Feb, 2013 04:32 pm
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404466_583739248321090_1358991248_n.jpg

Molly has been a common drug lately & everyone is trying it. Pop 1 and your sweating? Let me explain why your sweating: Molly is a drug made up of cocaine, crack, ecstasy, meth & bath salt. It slows your heart rate 10x the normal limit & reeks havoc on your immune system with just one pill. Take two & it damages your brain without you even being able realize it. It becomes an addiction & soon a cry for help. By the fifth one you take, it starts killing your organs & preventing them from functioning as normal. It increases your chance of stroke & heart attack and can cause your lungs to stop functioning all together! It is a very powerful & VERY DANGEROUS drug! More harmful than crack itself. Many rappers are promoting it to involve young people in the manufacturing, selling, and usage of the drug. Spread the word to save lives of young people across the country! Show them the truth so they can make an informed & smart decision if they're ever offered it.
0 Replies