My husband had an affair with someone he went to highschool with

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 06:12 pm
My husband struck up a conversation with someone he went to high school with hoping to fix her up with his recently divorced friend. Long story short, she wanted my husband, not the friend. They saw each other about 20 times over the course of a year. She lives about 3 hours from us. I grew suspicous over the year as he took out extra money from our account for hotel rooms, etc. He also had been more secretive and locking his phone claiming that he was keeping the kids out (they were changing his settings). One morning, I got on his phone and read his email. He didn't know enough to empty the trash and there was 2 weeks worth of email from her. That is how I found out. I confronted him and he ended the affair (in email). Her birthday was about a month later and she tried contacting him (hurt that he had not acknowledged her birthday). She then contacted me by sending me notes. My husband and I are working things out. He has blocked her from all his accounts. He was relieved that I found out. He said he regretted it from the beginning. He gave me what I consider full disclosure. She had an ugly childhood which included a drunk mother, a stint in foster care, and marriage at 16 ... baby at 17. She is divorced twice. He second husband cheated on her. He said seeing her was like seeing a prostitute but cheaper (just the cost of a hotel room and a cheap gift). He said it was a trap. She offered no-strings fun and games, then pushed for more. She drove long distances on her days off so he could get it done over his lunch hour at little or no inconvenience to him. He said she was volatile and jealous of me. Their primary source of communcation was email (mostly from her with little response from him, which frustrated her). We did have occasion to go to her home town a few times. He did treat her like a prostitute, only giving her 30-45 minutes of his "time". He did give her a weapon, but he said it was a pos he found in someone's garage. After he dumped her, she said she would "wait" for him. He laughed about that and the tattoo she got just before he dumped her of his name on her hip. She also changed her appearence and lost a bunch of weight for him. I have forgiven her. My question is, should I let her know? She sounds like she has a low self-esteem. Hopefully she won't gain all the weight she lost back. Hopefully next time, she will demand better treatment than being treated like a "prostitute".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,875 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 07:31 pm
@robbie99,
Hello robbie99,

hm, that's a bit odd that your husband treated her that badly. Granted she
might have been the initiator, but your husband played right along and he
is the one married, not her. It always takes two to Tango.

In any event, you two will work it out in your marriage, there is no need
to contact this woman again. She has her cross to bear and you have yours,
let it be!
robbie99

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 07:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks for the advice. I agree with you regarding his part in the affair. I am holding him 100% responsible for betraying me, not her.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 07:42 am
And . . you need to look at why you tolerated this for so long. Surely you sensed that something was wrong in your marriage.

You were (are) a passive observer to their very exciting adventure.

Be more assertive and insist that you both go to couples counseling to find out why he hooked up with her and got very involved with her - and why you tolerated this behavior and feel empathy for her.

Perhaps it's because your husband used her, too.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 02:25 pm
@robbie99,
I would question this, for yourself....For future...

He laughed that she would wait for him, laughed that she lost all this weight for him, laughed that she got a tattoo of him, on her hip.... And, told you she was a lower form of a prostitute, he was just having his kicks, for 20 months, whenever she arrived on his doorstep or he felt like that extra romp in a Hotel Room..

I know you hold him 100% accountable..And you feel sorry that she may have low self esteme....But, your husband respectfully, took a vulnerable woman who has had a lot of bad luck in her life, was looking for comfort and turned her into falling madly in love with him, believing in him, after all, he kept sleeping with her, he must have feelings for her, all the while laughing at what she was doing, falling for him....

That's not the type of guy I'd want to stay married to...It's manipulate, for self gain, with zero respect, zero feelings for another human being and obviously as he has told you all of this and laughed, zero understanding either of what marriage is about... It's like " baby you know I love you, she was just a pawn in my game, sorry babe, got carried away but wasn't it funny what she did"....

Ahhh...
0 Replies