schecher9193

Wed 13 Jun, 2012 11:20 pm
@shewolfnm,
You should get new carpet Smile
shainakhan

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 03:22 am
@space007,
What about laundry services? Have you ever applied?
0 Replies

nestork

Sun 2 Sep, 2012 11:28 pm
@shewolfnm,
Shewolfnm: I've heard a lot of good things about Nature's Miracle, which you can buy in most pet stores. However, any of the places listed under "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies" in your yellow pages phone directory will sell chemicals intended for removing pet urine odors.

You should also be aware that the urine of all mammals fluoresces under ultra violet light. No, it won't be eye popping like a day-glo poster of Jimi Hendrix, but it'll be visible once your eyes get used to the otherwised darkened room.
Just Google "UV light for urine detection" and read all about it. Some Janitorial Supply stores will rent UV lights so that you can identify where you need to clean.

Finally, if you're planning on renting a carpet shampoo'er from a grocery store, make sure you do a final pass over the cleaned area with just clean water in the solution tank. Here's why:

The professional carpet cleaning soap I used to use (called Formula 77 by Chemspec recommended I use 1 to 2 fluid ounces of their soap per 5 gallons of water. Rug Doctor recommends using that much of their soap PER gallon of water, or about 5 times as much. Also, just in the same way as car engines are rated according to the number of cylinders they have and the horsepower they produce, vaccuum motors are rated according to the number of stages they have and their "inches of water lift" which is direct measurement of suction. Your normal household vaccuum cleaner will have a single stage vaccuum motor that'll develop about 30 inches of water lift at sea level. Both rental carpet shampoo'ers and wet/dry Shop-Vac style vaccuum cleaners will typically have a two stage vaccuum motor that develops about 60 inches of water lift. My carpet shampoo'er has two three stage vaccuum motors piped in parallel, and it's got a rated water lift of 139 inches. So, I can get a carpet cleaner with my shampooer simply because my vaccuums can pull more dirty water out of the carpet.

The problem is that if you follow Rug Doctor's or Purolator's instructions to use 1 to 2 fluid ounces of soap per gallon, you don't have the powerful vaccuums in that rental machine to remove most of that soap solution from the carpet. The result is that the soap solution dries up in the carpet and coats all the carpet fibers with a thin film of soap.

The problem is that the dirt off the bottoms of your shoes sticks to that film of dried detergent on your carpet, and the carpet gets dirtier faster. And, normally vaccuuming won't remove that dirt cuz it's sticking to the soap. In fact, the only way to remove that dirt is by renting the carpet shampoo'er again and shampoo'ing your carpet again, thereby replacing the old, dirty sticky soap film on your carpet with a new, clean, sticky soap film on your carpet.

To prevent that from happening, go ahead and follow the dilution instructions. But, then do a final pass (or two) over the carpet with just clean water in the solution tank to remove the excess soap from the carpet. That way, you leave much less soap in the carpet and your vaccuum cleaner is much more effective at removing solid soils from your carpet.

The prob

roger

Mon 3 Sep, 2012 12:02 am
@nestork,
Thanks. That was another interesting and informative post.
0 Replies

homegardenmax

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:02 am
@space007,
There are many product available like Procyon for washing the carpet these products are effective and useful for cleaning the carpet.
0 Replies

kiarajeckson

Sun 16 Sep, 2012 11:48 pm
@shewolfnm,
There are many type of sprays avaiable in the market which are very effective and can esiliy remove all the foul smell
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
tsarstepan

Fri 21 Dec, 2012 07:54 am
@Jackson0,
Jackson0 wrote:

Carpet is essential need of every house.

I strongly beg to differ. One can truly bask in the glory of an apartment with solid wood flooring in the bedroom and living room. Marble tiles in the bathroom. Polished granite tiles for the kitchen.
0 Replies

paulsmith544

Sun 23 Dec, 2012 11:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
YES, it does you are doing the right thing but did you tried to vacuum it first??
0 Replies

vincentverges

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 10:58 pm
@space007,
Hey can try this , with white vinegar and dab the spot until it is loosened and can be brushed away. Do not rub - it will only force it deeper into the nap. Cover the spot with a thick layer of baking soda and let sit overnight. Vacuum up the soda. This will remove the odor from the carpet fibers.
0 Replies

arturoi

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:27 am
@shewolfnm,
Your ideas are good but you can also hire a carpet cleaning company.
0 Replies

carlferguson148

Fri 16 Aug, 2013 07:36 am
@schecher9193,
Cleaning the carpet with regular vacuuming can be a successful way to removing the stain and dirt over the carpet! Baking soda, vinegar or the homemade cleaners like detergent are the effective way for carpet cleaning!

0 Replies

Angelahynes

Fri 23 Aug, 2013 04:21 am
@shewolfnm,
I haven't used that but I have heard about it and I am sure it will definitely work.
0 Replies

AndrewFerrol

Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:17 am
@shewolfnm,
If you are using a carpet shampooer/steamer, make sure it has a built in heating core. This keeps your water hot! You want your water as hot as can be. This will not only loosen dirt better, but studies have shown that it kills up to 70% more germs than when cold water is used. Purchase a good carpet spotter, deodorizer and protectant. Add this to your carpet cleaning machine and go over your carpet in a straight-line motion. You can do this until the desired appearance is attained.

Source: Dallas Carpet Cleaning
0 Replies

janniferthompson

Fri 21 Feb, 2014 03:24 am
@shewolfnm,
Lots of carpet cleaning method available.
0 Replies

laurenbright

Mon 19 May, 2014 11:54 pm
@shewolfnm,
Yes you an use vinegar to clean your carpet and specially the odor that lingers on your carpet is removed with the use of vinegar.
0 Replies

WilliamDuncan

Fri 27 Jun, 2014 04:31 am
I think pet odor removal can help you to clean your carpet. Check out on the net, there are many vacuum cleaners available that uses water in place of air. They can help you a lot for cleaning.
0 Replies

markserickson

Wed 6 Aug, 2014 04:24 am
@shewolfnm,
According to me, you should change the carpet.
0 Replies