Gadhafi Is Dead

oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 11:01 pm
Kadaffy raped up the rear with a bayonet before being shot in the head:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/111024/gaddafi-sodomized-video-gaddafi-sodomy

Seems they didn't like him very much.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:44 am
@oralloy,
I had heard him yelling, appearing dissatisfied for some reason,
in the video. I did not know Y.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 08:09 am
@oralloy,
Horrific

Obviously I could be wrong, but for some reason I don't believe that the men who brutalized and killed Gaddafi upon capturing him were avenging personal injuries. The mob mentality is truly terrifying.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 11:43 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
All the cell phone pics and videos have come in handy to determine what happened. It certainly appears that I was wrong that he had his own guys kill him so he would not need to face the humiliation of a trial. We have seen nothing yet that would indicated that the rebel tribes are any less brutal than where Gadhafi and the tribes that were behind him. There is a lot of military hardware in the country, and there is every reason to expect that these barbaric people will continue to employ this resource in the coming days and months. Anyone who expects very much crude to flow (and let's be honest, crude is the only reason anyone cares about this God forsaken patch of earth) will be disappointed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 12:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's a big question mark; with all those weapons in the country, how are they going to find "peace?" How many shots will it take to start another war?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's a big question mark; with all those weapons in the country, how are they going to find "peace?" How many shots will it take to start another war?

Another is does the benefits of the "liberation" of outweigh the lack of stability that is likely to be the result in Libya along the same dynamic that we witnessed in Iraq and Yugoslavia?? And how about the destabilization of the region as these arms that were previously stockpiled but unused spread far beyond the borders?? There have already been reports of large quantities of Gadhafi's arms stash for sale on the black markets of Egypt. I am seriously worried about who is doing the buying.

When Obama/Cameron/Sarkozy pat themselves on the back for a job well done I am thinking "maybe, but probably not".
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Was there a shortage of small arms
in the region while he lived ??????

I think not. For decades, AK 47s have been going for c.$12 in Arab markets.
Nearly every nite on the news, we see little boys, not much over babies,
holding AK 47s in their arms.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Simple.

They will impose Sharia.

Men with multiple wives will be too busy to make trouble and women...well, they sure as hell won't be making any trouble.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
No need for boots on the ground to keep the Gadhafi weapons caches monitored.

What's the big deal anyway?

We can trust the rebels to be as honorable with us as they were with their deposed despot.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Men with multiple wives will be too busy to make trouble and women...well, they sure as hell won't be making any trouble
Give it a year and let's see how many Libyan women are still singing the praises of Hillary for her bringing the US into the civil war. THe chances that they will be better off then than they were before the war are approximately zero.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
We can trust the rebels to be as honorable with us as they were with their deposed despot.
and executing their military commander three months ago, as you might remember....
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
"We came...we saw...he died!"

That was real classy for the American Secretary of State.

At one point yesterday she was asked if she regrets that comment. Her response?

"I'm not going to get into that now"

What a great answer!

All the politicians should start using it!

With the right amount of disdain in your voice it sounds like you've just been asked the silliest question ever voiced or they're trying to get you to reveal state secrets.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:31 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Kadaffy raped up the rear with a bayonet before being shot in the head:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/111024/gaddafi-sodomized-video-gaddafi-sodomy

Seems they didn't like him very much.
It did not look like a bayonet. It looked cylindrical, like a rod of metal or wood.
( Thay shoud not use wood because he might get splinters. What does Emily Post say about that? )

Letterman might observe that u know your dictatorship is over,
when your followers r sodomizing u with a metal shaft.
( We know that thay were his followers because thay were behind Kaddafy.)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:37 pm

Survivors of the victims of Pan Am 1O3
will be pleased to learn how he met his end, as the specifics emerge.

David
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Haven't some Muslim countries used Sharia, but they still had tribal problems?
farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Muslims are no different than the bazillion sects of Christians, each with their own "revealed truths" Baptists hate Catholics and everybody has tried to kill the Mormons
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
True.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 10:00 pm
@farmerman,
Agree, but the consequences of such acts depend on the country. Just the other day an Egyptian man was sentenced to 4 years hard labor for criticizing Islam. Only one opinion is allowed in Egypt now.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 11:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
and executing their military commander three months ago, as you might remember....

You really don't understand irony and/or sarcasm, do you, hawk?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 12:12 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
You really don't understand irony and/or sarcasm, do you, hawk?

certainly. Had you paid attention you would know that I use sarcasm often. and did so here.