Gadhafi Is Dead

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 05:15 pm
@Linkat,
Sounds very plausible; the guy may have suffered some loss of family members by Gaddafi.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 05:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Or he might have been an agent of the rebel leadership and wanted to stop the circus before it started... or he mght have been a agent of the CIA and wanted to keep Gadhaffi from blabbing... or he was a young nephew of Gadhaffi who wanted to spare his beloved uncle the ignimony or a trial...

But a Gadhafi hater is about as plausible as it's going to get
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 05:52 pm
@Linkat,
Front page of NY Post

Note the crack about A-Rod

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/10/21/covers/front102111.jpg
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 07:59 pm
Yes, it's permissable, even preferable to kill bad people without trial these days. If it's good enough for the world's leading self-appointed example of democracy and rule of law, it's certainly going to be fine in the middle east.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 08:09 pm
@Eorl,
I agree; our country went out to kill Osama bin Laden and other members of al Qaida/Taliban. No trial; shoot/bomb first.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 08:31 pm
I agree with the sentiments expressed by both Eorl and c.i. (Gave both of you guys a 'thumbs up' after someone else had zeroed you out.) But on the other hand, there really are times when the issues are so crystal clear and/or the situation so fluid that a quick hit-and-run action seems the only realistic move.
Eorl

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 08:46 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That's the easy practical answer. For me, it's 100% wrong because the theoretical fairness of law is designed to protect all, especially those for whom guilt seems obvious, and even more so when execution is the sentence.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 08:50 pm
@Eorl,
Eorl wrote:

That's the easy practical answer. For me, it's 100% wrong because the theoretical fairness of law is designed to protect all, especially those for whom guilt seems obvious, and even more so when execution is the sentence.

Yeah, I agree with that. I might need to think this over.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I agree; our country went out to kill Osama bin Laden and other members of al Qaida/Taliban. No trial; shoot/bomb first.
Obama does love the "justice" of the wild west...just one more thing he was not honest about, because he continual slammed Bush for the same thing.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 09:00 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I thought (hoped) you would say that Smile

Also, where is the line and who gets to draw it?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2011 09:12 pm
@Eorl,
There are no clear lines; our country of laws doesn't mean much when we break our own laws - even by our own government, and then expect perfection about "equal justice under our laws" to apply. Humanity is about exceptions, not perfection.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:27 am
@Eorl,
Quote:
If it's good enough for the world's leading self-appointed example of democracy and rule of law, it's certainly going to be fine in the middle east.

As if these gentlemen of the middle east would not be trying to bring down airliners full of women and children if only the US would set a better example by not seeking them out and destroying them. LOL......

Gadhafi had an US airliner blown out of the sky and a night club full of US servicemen blown up so from all those decades ago he lost the the ability to complain about any actions we would care to take again him.

The shame is not that we help in aiding his people in getting rid of him now but that we did not kill him directly decades ago.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:08 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
What ever you can say about the man he had people that was very loyal to him right to the end...

Khadaffi's government was arguably the best the muslim world had to offer:

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/289-134/5625-libya-all-about-oil-or-all-about-banking

He was on the edge of pulling Africa out of the IMF/BIS/Soros nexus altogether, which was clearly too much for the nwo crowd.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:25 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Quote:
What ever you can say about the man he had people that was very loyal to him right to the end...

Khadaffi's government was arguably the best the muslim world had to offer:

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/289-134/5625-libya-all-about-oil-or-all-about-banking

He was on the edge of pulling Africa out of the IMF/BIS/Soros nexus altogether, which was clearly too much for the nwo crowd.
That may be true, but whatever its merits,
I take pleasure in his belated misfortune, because of his
anti-American attacks, including his bombing of Pan Am 1O3.
Technically, the mobs were not avenging us;
(thay were avenging THEMSELVES), but regardless: its almost as if thay were avenging us, in the actual effect.

I hate to admit it,
but Obama is rightfully entitled to credit
for doing what Reagan coud have and shoud have done
in revenge for Pan Am 103. I guess Reagan was distracted by the Third World War,
which he won for us, by running the communist economy into the ground, with his Star Wars Initiative.
We can never thank him enuf for that.

David
gungasnake

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 12:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You should read Ellen Brown's article. This one is the Soros/Obunga version of Kosovo.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 08:18 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

What ever you can say about the man he had people that was very loyal to him right to the end.
They were probably looking for their paycheck... I wonder how much of gadhafi's money in European banks will ever find its way back to the Libyan people... My guess is: No number eguals no account...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 08:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Mao, Pol Pot, and slew of others also had supporters.
So did Jesus; so clearly support is not a measure of sanity or practicality...
Fido

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 08:24 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

why do you think he chose FIDO as a handle? Dogs have devolved into rote acting sycophants, all of whom can fake sincerity.
I picked a dog's name, first because the dogs did not mind, and second, because dogs are socially superior to humans, never faking, but entirely honest about their intent... It is rare to find a dog you cannot trust, and fare to find a person you can trust...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:25 am
@Fido,
But jesus is a fictional character.
oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 11:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
But jesus is a fictional character.

I see you lie about more than one topic.