Not in my version.
layman

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 12:50 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

layman wrote:

Tonto don't say "white man." He says "paleface."

Not in my version.

Well, centrox, maybe you aint heard, eh? "Politically correct" terminology is always inaccurate. Best give it up, ya know?
centrox

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 01:08 am
@layman,
They didn't have PC when I first heard that joke.
layman

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 01:16 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

They didn't have PC when I first heard that joke.

Well, then maybe you just needed a hearing aid. That aint the way the joke goes.

Actually, that's not even the whole joke. The real punchline comes at the end, when the Lone Ranger says:

"Look, Injun, I'm gunna steal a line from Willie Shakespeare to tell you before I smoke your sorry ass: Et tu, Redskin?"

Then he busts a cap in Tonto's sorry, back-stabbin, heathen ass, which is the funny part.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 07:49 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 07:58 am
If you watch Fox news it looks like the whole of Central America is headed this way and we may have to bring the troops overseas home to withstand the onslaught. I thought we were moving away from the manifest destiny that had us killing off non white populations, but I have lately had to reassess that opinion.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 09:05 am
@edgarblythe,
If you watch Fox News or Breitbart, you'll likely get the notion that the waves of immigration from Central America are far more terrifying then the armies from Mordor.
https://i.imgur.com/YiUIQku.jpg
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 04:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
But I understand Sauron is leading the immagrants.
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 11:50 am
Its simple actually...
If they are here illegally, they shouldn't be.

If they have been here long enough to put down roots, then they pay a fine of $5000 per person per year they have been in the US.
Any type of criminal record, including traffic offenses, gets them deported immediately.
If they are physically able, serving 4 years in the military, AND getting an honorable discharge, gets that person citizenship.

These ae the conditions illegal immigrants must abide by, along with the fact that they must immediately apply for US citizenship, And learn to speak English.
After they apply for citizenship, they must still pass whatever background checks the govt does.
Failure to pass means immediate deportation.
Failure to pay your fines results in deportation
Any criminal conviction, including traffic offenses, results in deportation.

If illegal immigrants truly want to live here, these are the hoops they should be forced to jump thru.
They get no advantage for being here illegally, that counts as two strikes against them right from the start.
maporsche

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 12:33 pm
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

Its simple actually...
If they are here illegally, they shouldn't be.

If they have been here long enough to put down roots, then they pay a fine of $5000 per person per year they have been in the US.
Any type of criminal record, including traffic offenses, gets them deported immediately.
If they are physically able, serving 4 years in the military, AND getting an honorable discharge, gets that person citizenship.

These ae the conditions illegal immigrants must abide by, along with the fact that they must immediately apply for US citizenship, And learn to speak English.
After they apply for citizenship, they must still pass whatever background checks the govt does.
Failure to pass means immediate deportation.
Failure to pay your fines results in deportation
Any criminal conviction, including traffic offenses, results in deportation.

If illegal immigrants truly want to live here, these are the hoops they should be forced to jump thru.
They get no advantage for being here illegally, that counts as two strikes against them right from the start.

Some of these are ok, some are bonkers.

$5000 for example equates to 7 months pay (after taxes) at the federal minimum wage. That seems especially bonkers; as does getting deported because (for exmaple) you had a license plate bulb burned out and got a traffic ticket.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 12:43 pm
Some of my off-the-cuff thoughts.

1) no violent criminals/terrorists (duh)
2) at the border or point of entry, you can apply for a temporary worker visa good for 2 years; these will be easy to obtain and shouldn't take longer than a few hours
3) you're required to report to an immigration official once per month, via phone call or in person for the first 6 months and then quarterly until the 2 year worker visa is up
4) head of household or individual (if alone) are required to find a job and pay taxes within 6 months
5) no welfare or government aid for 2 years
6) green cards/permanent resident status will be approved and issued after worker visa expires if all terms are met
6) any felonies or violent crimes will terminate visa/green cards
7) citizenship can be applied for at year 5 assuming all is well
8) no cap on the number of citizens obtaining worker visas, green cards, citizenship
9) the government should publish and be held to specific and timely processing of paperwork and status claims. It should not take 17 years to go through this process. The process should be easy to understand and the employees/agencies should be held accountable to making it easy.
roger

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 03:47 pm
@maporsche,
I think you know I'm against illegal immigration, but I could get along with that. I have doubts about enforcement of all provisions, but that would be our problem, not that of the immigrants.

All in all, it sounds similar to the old and failed McCain/Kennedy Bill.
0 Replies