Oliver Stone's movie "W"

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:52 am
I don't watch many movies and hadn't heard anything about it before running across the trailer. It'd be the first film about a president still in office, and it's got my curiosity piqued.

Anyone know any more about this movie?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,393 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:35 am
@Robert Gentel,
Well, unless they update the movie over the next few months, we know it's missing the crescendo of the Bush administrations disastrous run; the current financial crisis.

It might be interesting to see what conclusions they draw in the film, not knowing what is happening now.

0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 06:45 am
@Robert Gentel,
Man, Richard Dreyfus has put on some weight.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 08:25 am
Yeah, owwww! (electric guitar, power chords).

Money, fist fights, whiskey. That's Washington, baby! (kick ass drum fill)

Seriously, what the ****. I liked this movie better when it was a TV show--I believe it was called Friday Night Lights.

**** Oliver Stone.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 08:40 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert, from this short preview, it seems Oliver Stone is trying to ADMIT for 'the GB' that has been rumored, he did start out as a drunken, non-caring drug using no good faker.

And they may be successful in glorifying his flings and his few successes.

I had not heard about this until I saw your post, but my first thought was, 'Man they sure wont bring up the fact that he had a LOT of people out there who helped him PAY FOR and Steal THE WHITE HOUSE.'
I don't believe I can ever think GWB was actually elected.
(And I wonder if they will include the 'bushisms' in the movie.)
0 Replies