Is love ageless?

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 11:53 pm
I've been dating a women 14 yrs younger than me for 3 months. I am 34, she is 20. Two things. One her parents don't know about us, and two she is an employee of mine. Her parents suspect something and asked her if we are dating and she says no. After talking about it, we agreed to just be friends. She has never asked me for money or gifts so I know it's not a money thing. She is mature for her age and has a good family so I don't think she has daddy issues. Recently, she says that she wants things to go back to how they were before breaking up. Her mother says she would not approve or support a romantic relationship between this girl and I. Is there hope for a relationship, or should I forget about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,446 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 07:26 am
@puzzle76,
Firstly, I'd consider things deeper and more carefully. Her relationship with her parents is being jeopardized because she chooses to lie to them about this. It's certainly not a mature response. That behavior never bodes well for a future for the two of you. Her (and your) integrity is/are important.

You have to seriously consider her future and her future relationship with them. A young woman needs to maintain a close relatinship with her parents. I'm hoping you realize all of this. Don't get caught up with the passion of the moment.

As an aside, a woman at the age of 20, no matter how mature, still is at a different stage in life than you are at 34. I assume she still lives at home with her parents? This may balance out in a few years as she gets more established in life and her career. Until someone is out on the own and paying rent, etc., you are at different stages in your growth.

Secondly, both of your work relationships is/are also affected should anyone find out (particularly your bosses and/or her fellow employees).

Is it possible that one of you can change jobs..transfer to a different department? Boss/worker relationship can often be loaded time bombs that can get people fired or cause career setbacks.

A cooling-off period might be a wiser idea. You can always revisit things in time if there is still the desire, but as long as you are boss/worker it's really not wise.

pietervdbo

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 12:53 pm
@Ragman,
1 answer = dont combine work and love
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2011 10:19 pm
@puzzle76,
Quote:
Is love ageless?

Whatever the question, love is often the answer.
0 Replies

dhezy24

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:43 pm
For me, Age doesnt matter..
I am 24 now and i am enggage to a 61 years old, and I Love him.. I dont care what other people will say, but I feel happy and he feel the same way when we are together..and hopefully soon we will get to be married. We do lots of things togeher. I Love him
0 Replies