Is Anybody Listening to Bush's Speech Right Now?

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 08:59 pm
I'm listening to him and I can hardly believe what I'm hearing. That man is all over the place. What a idiot! Who in the audience is clapping?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,801 • Replies: 34
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:02 pm
I don't listen to his speeches, I read about them after-the-fact.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:05 pm
He is an ass, full of faith-based this and sanctity of marriage that. He's so full of crap that I don't see how anyone can do anything but guffaw.

I am so offended by him I can barely speak.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:06 pm
I have no TV.

I am not upset about this at the moment.

E.G. and I always vow not to watch his speeches, always get sucked in, always end up pacing and shaking our fists at the TV and trying not to swear in front of the kid.

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:09 pm
I'm with you on this one, Piffka. I watched the first 30 minutes of the speech and all I heard was Bush talking about terror, and then repeating and rephrasing the same thing over and over ad nauseum.

I left his speech on as background noise, hoping to hear something with substance, but he let me down. Same old tired crap.

Overall.... A horrible, horrible speech.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:27 pm
I cannot begin to explain how disenfranchised I feel. I'm so angry whenever I hear him speak. How can one jerk come up with so many new ways to ruin our country?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:36 pm
I retched all the way through it. J
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:39 pm
He is NOT invited to my birthday party...he sucks...

I'm trying not to go to crazy here....get into a Dean like innatural state...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:46 pm
See that, that is why I don't watch his stoopid speeches.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:46 pm
What speech?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:49 pm
I tried to watch it - lasted about 3 minutes - couldn't bear it as background noise either.

Now Newt Gingrich is talking after the fact. At least he sounds like he has a brain. (Not that I agree with anything he's saying!)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:53 pm
It annoys me that he thinks the majority of Americans are complete idiots.

I worries me that he might be right.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:16 pm
hEY BI BEAR, DID DEAN SOUND LIKE AC/DC OR WAS IT JUST ME?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:19 pm
I'm in despair. We've reached yet another new low with this presidency.

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people," he said.

What? From all those Weapons of Mass Destruction that weren't there?

What business does this man have making a speech that encourages faith-based initiatives, a constitutional amendment against same-sex marriage, banning of steroid use, and giving more money to schools to test for drugs and insist on sexual abstinence? He's led us into an unpopular, ill-advised, stupid war and he's talking about freaking steroids? Does he read anything besides People magazine?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:21 pm
With all the slurring, and the red nose, I wonder if he has been drinking again?
I did like the applause at the phrase "The PATRIOT act is due to expire this year," and really loved the Blofeld like glare at the audience for applauding. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:23 pm
Oh, he came talked about an amendment against same-sex marriage after all, eh?

That could be good. He was starting to look a tiny bit centrist in that area. ("Good" in the sense of, "Hello, centrists, this guy is SO pandering to the religious right!")
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 10:44 pm
sozobe wrote:
("Good" in the sense of, "Hello, centrists, this guy is SO pandering to the religious right!")

He panders like someone who sinned so badly that he'll never fully attone. Who wants a president who sucks up to the most reactionary Christian Americans? People in this country are asleep; I'm not sure even this will wake them.

Hobitbob noted the only good moment in the entire debacle.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 12:24 am
I have PMS, so I stayed away from the tv. The tv is only a few years old, so I don't want to break it just yet. Looks like it was just as disterbing as I thought it would be.
I also wonder why some people stand behind this war hungry bozo. One of the many wonders, sigh!!!
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 03:30 am
Not only is he protecting America against alleged would-be terrorists but, on the same basis, he is now also protecting us against bubonic plague and killer pretzels and alien invaders from outer space and tourists and budget surpluses. Embarrassed

Further, he is achieving great things for flag manufacturers and undertakers across the country. Crying or Very sad

He is also successfully defending the White House against accusations of competence.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 03:31 am
That arsehole is a legend in his own mind.
0 Replies