California: artificial catastrophe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:20 am
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/10/08/a_second_term_for_obama_would_make_the_united_states_go_as_california_has_gone_111620.html

Quote:

....When my parents came to California in the 1960’s looking for a better future, they found it here. The state government consumed about half of what it does today after adjusting for both inflation and population. HALF. We had the finest highway system in the world and the finest public school system in the country. California offered a FREE university education to every Californian who wanted one. We produced water and electricity so cheaply that some communities didn’t bother to meter the stuff. Our unemployment rate consistently ran well below the national rate and our diversified economy was nearly recession-proof.

One thing – and one thing only – changed in those years: public policy. The political Left gradually gained dominance over California’s government and has imposed a disastrous agenda of radical and retrograde policies that have destroyed the quality of life that Californians once took for granted.

The Census bureau has reported for the better part of the decade that California is undergoing the biggest population exodus in its history, with many fleeing to such garden spots as Nevada, Arizona and Texas. Think about that. California is blessed with the most equitable climate in the entire Western Hemisphere; it has the most bountiful resources anywhere in the continental United States; it is poised on the Pacific Rim in a position to dominate world trade for the next century, and yet people are finding a better place to live and work and raise their families in the middle of the Nevada Nuclear Test Range.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 720 • Replies: 8
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:37 am
@gungasnake,
You don't know your history, or care about it. In '78 Proposition 13's enactment stopped local communities from raising their real estate taxes. Coupled with Republican supported legislation that prevent state taxes from being raised without a 2/3 vote has caused the mess in California.

On a personal note, since you post such stupid ignorant bullshit daily are you getting paid to do this? Because you show the acumen of mentally retarded human being. Are you not ashamed to show such bloody ignorance in public or do you get a thrill for being publicly humiliated as a moron?

Did you actually finish high school? You appear to be functional an illiterate without the intellectual discernment normal people take for granted. Is that why you rant at "liberals," because they laugh at your stupidity?
gungasnake

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 11:22 am
@kuvasz,
You walk the dog, or does he walk you??
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 12:56 pm
@kuvasz,
Quote:
You don't know your history, or care about it. In '78 Proposition 13's enactment stopped local communities from raising their real estate taxes. Coupled with Republican supported legislation that prevent state taxes from being raised without a 2/3 vote has caused the mess in California....

The question I've been asking myself is the same question you see in "Ruthless People" i.e. "Can this clown really be that stupid?" The answer apparently is a resounding "YES", also as in the movie.

California's troubles did not start in 1978 or even in the 80s but, as the article notes, with the general libtard takeover:

Quote:
Our regulatory burdens are also years ahead of the rest of the nation – we’ve had our own version of Cap and Trade on the books for five years now, and even though the bulk of these restrictions yet to take effect, investors make decisions every day anticipating their impact.

This has already proven utterly devastating to energy generation, cargo and passenger transportation, cement production, construction, wine making, agriculture and manufacturing. When he signed this legislation, Gov. Schwarzenegger promised that this would produce a cornucopia of new green jobs.

How’s that working out? Up until the autumn of 2006, California’s unemployment rate tracked fairly steadily with the national unemployment numbers. But beginning in that quarter, California’s unemployment rate moved steadily beyond the national numbers. Today it stands at 12.1 percent – three full points above the national rate. You can’t blame the national economy for that....

You can't blame anything which happened in 1978 for that either or, at least, no intelligent person could....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 06:07 am
Quote:
....And I should note that although we’ve devastated California’s once recession-proof economy with these ridiculous regulations, the Earth stubbornly continues to warm and cool as it has for billions of years.

I mentioned water and electricity so cheap that some communities didn’t meter the stuff. There’s a reason for that: California had embarked on an aggressive program of hydroelectric and nuclear power construction that promised an era of clean, cheap and abundant electricity. But beginning with the first “small is beautiful” administration of Jerry Brown, these programs were abandoned in favor of “green energy.” We now have the most stringent renewable energy requirements in the nation.

Which helps explain why California is the home to such stunning green energy success stories as Solyndra. We have among the highest electricity prices in the continental United States. We have the lowest per-capita electricity consumption in the nation as well. And every day, our government spends part of our sky-high electricity bills to lecture us to conserve more.....
RABEL222

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 01:13 pm
@gungasnake,
I think Kuvasz summed you up pretty well. All your additional posts just confirm his summation.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 02:37 pm
@RABEL222,
Don't get me wrong, I mean I never said that Kuvass was the ONLY brain-washed libtard clown in need of some sort of an education upgrade on A2K.....
RABEL222

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 11:57 pm
@gungasnake,
One more confirmation. thanks!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 05:04 am
Quote:
...The Census bureau has reported for the better part of the decade that California is undergoing the biggest population exodus in its history, with many fleeing to such garden spots as Nevada, Arizona and Texas. Think about that. California is blessed with the most equitable climate in the entire Western Hemisphere; it has the most bountiful resources anywhere in the continental United States; it is poised on the Pacific Rim in a position to dominate world trade for the next century, and yet people are finding a better place to live and work and raise their families in the middle of the Nevada Nuclear Test Range........

Worth repeating all day and all night. Only a biblical/cosmic catastrophe of some sort could do as much harm as the libtards have done to California.
0 Replies