What do I do?

buphe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 01:05 am
I am a 34yr male. Last December there was a death where I worked and I was given the promotion, I went from working day 7am-4:30pm to nights 4pm-2am. Then I weighed 186 worked out all the time dont smoke, i was in really good shape. Since them I have lost 30lbs and my diet has gone from 3-4 meals a day to 1 and maybe a snack. Ive stayed in relitivly ok shape since my work consists of some heavy lifting and a lot of walking. But for the last couple of weaks It has been hard to get out of bed and get light headed at work. I get plenty of sleep about 10 hrs a night, and tonight at work things that i usually could through around were realy heavy and wore me out. My home life has taken a hit, I was married in July and I have a 2yr old son that I only get to see on the weekends because my wife works days and he goes to daycare, so im at work while they are home and when i get home they are asleep and gone when i get up. I feel alittle depressed about that but before i took the job my wife and I descussed all the pros and cons and we both agreed that the increase in pay was worth it. Know my health is at risk and I just want to be the person I used to be but I just dont have the energy to get up and work out and I dont have much of an appitite till later at work.

Thanks for any replies and God bless..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,312 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:52 am
@buphe,
Sounds like you're coming down with a cold.

Seriously - it does not sound awful. I realize you are under stress, but if this is just a very recent/one-time thing, then it's likely something of that sort.

If it persists, then contact a doctor and ask for a stress test.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 06:38 am
There are people who just can NOT work the night shift hours. You may be one of them. I think it's called "time shift disorder."

Things are falling apart in too many areas of your life. (health, marriage, family)

Find another job.
0 Replies

kYRANI

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 06:49 am
@buphe,
Sounds like if you stay in that job your going to loose your health. I'd get out and find another job if I were you. Good luck!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 07:06 am
Life's too short.
You sound miserable and clearly your health is suffering.
You need more of the routine that in the recent past clearly was keeping you healthy.

When I was in my mid-20s, I worked the 3rd shift for one summer and I never got used to it. I had a chronic tiredness and my stomach never got right . I finally quit. Worst time of them all was doing this in the summer months.

Maybe you're not even getting enough sunlight. Some of the symptoms of depression you're talking about could be a reflection of sunlight deprivation. Hell, not seeing your kids enough alone could cause that depression, too. The combination certainly is a bad one.

Making the extra money is temporary bonus but if your health suffers as a result of what you have crap you have to do to get it...is hardly worth it. It sounds like your not even getting enough calories and/or eating meals at the right time.

Why not either try to find another job..or ask them to switch you back to days. It sounds like it's an emergency.

Good luck!
0 Replies