Stick a Fork in Tiger....He's DONE!

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 05:19 pm
Sudden death dramatics..

Bubba wins, yaaayy. (I like both those guys)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 05:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Snort, they're playing the Watson/Fowler/Crane/Mahan video now on the golf.com blog.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 09:11 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
. Most, at some point come back, their ego won't allow them not to

Tigers ego it seems to be has always been more engaged in pulling off a double life than it has been in being the best golfer. There is no reason to think that this has changed, as there is ample evidence that he has not changed.

Yeah, you're wrong. Again.

Or at least you can't be taken seriously--not that there's much risk of that. But in a dozen posts, no mention of the fact that immediately preceding the scandal he underwent his second major knee surgery, which necessitated a swing change. I also find it unlikely that any psychological turmoil he may be experiencing comes close to that his father applied over the years in the process of programming Tiger to become the world's Ultimate Golf Droid.

No argument that he's fallen off. But it's noted that you've found yet another opportunity to speak flatteringly of women, as well as of a black athlete who has lost his shine (http://able2know.org/topic/178921-1).
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 10:12 am
@Gargamel,
So, you come up with an alternate theory and then assert that mine is wrong.....cute. Might I remind you that Tiger himself does not blame his losing on his knees, nor do many observersers.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 01:34 pm
To me, a breath of fresh air --

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/04/truth-rumors-watch-awesome-bubba-watson-on-letterman.html
rosborne979

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 01:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Agreed. He seems like a nice kid.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 04:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Once again, your negative attitude shows why you can't pick a winner. Who is the loser now?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 04:52 pm
@Ceili,
hehe..

Only in as much as I answered Frank's Thread, thinking of this one and thinking, ohhhhh ya wrong Hawkeye, never assume Wink
Ceili

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 04:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
He's wrong a lot, doesn't like to admit it though. I'm glad Tiger's back and winning again.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 04:54 pm
@Ceili,
Me too... We all make mistakes but talent is talent and it takes one hell of a person to pick themselves up, dust themselves off and re-live that dream....
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:37 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Tiger winning two minor tour events is more than I expected of him, and witnesses say that he did occasionally show flashes of the winning Tiger. We will see if this is a tease, or if it rather is part of a comeback. I am not ready to say that I was wrong. For one thing he has not won much, and for another I dont know that he is not again banging huge fake titted blond bimbo's.
sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
The last part doesn't really matter though, right? It was only a Scandal when he was squeaky-clean married international role model Tiger Woods. He's not currently married, and he'll never be squeaky-clean again, so who he's banging won't affect him too much I don't think.

Do you mean just pure distraction from golf, or the attendant attention/ stressors?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:47 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
The last part doesn't really matter though, right

Sure it does, as my position as been all along that he probably could get is MOJO back if he stopped trying to be a good boy, and reverted back to what appears to be his cad nature.
sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
He had his major successes when he was putting quite a bit of effort into the whole squeaky-clean international role model thing.
JTT

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:51 pm
@sozobe,
What's the point of arguing when someone can be a success, Soz/Hawk. We all know that absolute scum of the earth and saints can both have success.

Are you each seeking an affirmation of your own lifestyles?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:53 pm
@sozobe,
There's some controversy in golf venues re if a good to start with golfer needs tampering with/advice by experts. I'll figure that'll be a question for a long time. I see Tiger as tampered with.

Bubba will be interesting to watch re this, he's his own teacher.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:54 pm
@JTT,
Eh? No.

I don't particularly care about Tiger Woods one way or another... didn't care about him that much before Le Scandal, felt kind of bad for him once it broke (but my sympathy was mitigated by how ubiquitous Tiger-as-squeaky-clean-role-model stuff had been + the knowledge that he'd profited mightily off of that), prefer to see him doing better than to see him sink completely.

Hadn't really read this thread so took Hawkeye's point as being that some new scandal might yet come out and ruin Tiger Woods, which didn't make sense to me. Mentioned that. His new/ original point doesn't make much sense either but oh well.
thack45

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 05:55 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Are you each seeking an affirmation of your own lifestyles?

i know you sure are for your own "lifestyle"...
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 06:23 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
What's the point of arguing when someone can be a success, Soz/Hawk. We all know that absolute scum of the earth and saints can both have success

My argument is that we are more apt to be successful when we know who we are and what we want, and when we act true to our nature. Your point contradicts mine not at all.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 06:31 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:

Hadn't really read this thread so took Hawkeye's point as being that some new scandal might yet come out and ruin Tiger Woods, which didn't make sense to me. Mentioned that. His new/ original point doesn't make much sense either but oh well.

There have been a few Tiger threads, my caveat to to the claim that Tiger will not come back is likely not located in this one. Only if Tiger stages a run AND is also not reverted back to his wild way with women will I have been wrong. Recent events tend to indicate that I was wrong, but I am waiting for more information.