ORATILE

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 03:01 am
I am 27 and 27 weeks pregnant. my boyfriend has asked my hand in marriage and i just found out that he has been cheating on me even before i got pregnant and before asking to marry me. I have proof that he has been cheating and how do i confront him. this is stressing me and i love him so much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,244 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:00 am
@ORATILE,
Ya might wanna put off that wedding, eh?

If you cannot talk to him about this, plus the cheating (it's the inability to broach the subject and the cheating) make for a marriage that is fairly well doomed from the start.

I am sorry that this is happening but since you say you have proof you gotta know things are not good.

I suppose the way I would confront him would be a straightforward something like

The marriage is off. I know you have been cheating. Here is the proof (then present the proof). Regardless of this, our baby comes first and his (or her) safety, health, comfort and education needs do not change, regardless of how faithful you have been or whatever happens between you and me.

Then it's up to you whether you wish to add the following lines: I love you and I want to try to work this out, but you need to be willing to work on this and that is going to be a lot of effort on your part. This **** has got to stop now.

Best of luck to you. This is not going to be easy no matter how you slice it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:48 am
@ORATILE,
Just ask him, show him the proof, and see what happens. Good Lord. How difficult is this, really? What do you want to do?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 06:43 am
This seems like a no-brainer, so I wonder why you even ask.

So . . . he must have some kind of hold on you. That's disturbing, since he will always play those games with you and you won't be able to deal with it.

Seek legal advice about his obligation to support the child. It sounds like you are going to need it in the future.

He's already revealed himself to you. He's not going to change.

0 Replies