Calif. Gov. Brown signs bill prohibiting circumcision bans

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 01:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
My circumcicion was done by own wish, and none of those "reasons" came to my mind Very Happy
coluber2001

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 01:47 pm
In Joseph Campbell's "Primitive Religions," from his "Masks of God" series Campbell cites Freud's Oedipus complex as the basis for calling circumcision a sublimated castration of the boy by the father. He describes a puberty ritual of an Australian aboriginal clan's circumcision as well as the subcision--slicing-- of the whole underside length of the penis thus themselves becoming metaphorical menstruating woman--blood and all. This is said to dispel the fear of menstruating women--vagina dentalis, by themselves becoming women.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 03:43 pm
@coluber2001,
This is more information than I wanted!!!!!!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:15 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Yes!! Religion should always come before health.
I was circumcised on medical advice BECAUSE of health.

David
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 04:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

My circumcicion was done by own wish, and none of those "reasons" came to my mind Very Happy

If a genie were to grant me three wishes, that wouldn't be one of them.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2011 05:57 pm
@izzythepush,

Walter Hinteler wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
If a genie were to grant me three wishes, that wouldn't be one of them.
What WOUD thay be??????
izzythepush

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 03:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't know off the top of my head, but nothing penis related. I think the ability to travel through time would be quite cool.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 07:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I don't know off the top of my head, but nothing penis related. I think the ability to travel through time would be quite cool.
Indeed, quite.

David
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 09:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Well, some easily can get confused when they hear/read "brit milah" ...

I do not know what you are saying. Write in English, please. I am secular, with little religious training.
Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 09:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Foofie wrote:

In my own opinion, I would wonder whether any of the anti-circumcision folks are concerned that allowing circumcision would allow their neck-of-the-woods to become very Islamic in the future, OR that a ban on circumcision would prevent Christian males from converting to Islam in the future?

In other words, the present concerns against circumcision might just be a smoke-screen, in some instances, for more insidious reasons?

Or.....

You have just provided the anti-circumcision folks with two reasons to reconsider their position.

Perhaps, the one reason that would trump all other reasons, including the health value supposedly for women, is that a circumcised male can more easily persuade a lady to role play as nurse Fellatio. What father would deny that to a son?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 09:51 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
Write in English, please. I am secular, with little religious training.

I'd thought that you had got some good grounding in general knowledge. But I've forgotten that you were educated in the USA, sorry.

Brit milah (aka 'bris' in Jiddish) is the name for the Jewish religious circumcision ceremony.
Here, in Germany, even the most secular Jewish persons not only know that term but almost always observe that law.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 10:41 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

a circumcised male can more easily persuade a lady to role play as nurse Fellatio. What father would deny that to a son?

How would she know? Are you all floppy then?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 10:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Actually I thought it was a play on words, as Foofs had just mentioned Muslims, Bris, Yiddish circumcision and Bismillah from the Arabic. Now I know the truth I'm amazed how ignorant Foofs is.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 11:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Actually I thought it was a play on words, as Foofs had just mentioned Muslims, Bris,
Yiddish circumcision and Bismillah from the Arabic. Now I know the truth I'm amazed how ignorant Foofs is.
There r so many facts in this universe,
even just this planet. Its understandable that many people will not know everything.

David
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 11:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
That may be true, but it's a Yiddish word. I don't need a German intellectual to explain English culture for me.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 07:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I'd thought that you had got some good grounding in general knowledge. But I've forgotten that you were educated in the USA, sorry.

I know little about Judaism. I do know that Lutherans and Catholics share a country that is not far from Poland. I forgot the name of the country though. Something that starts with a "G"? Georgia?
0 Replies